PDA

View Full Version : Lyman tang sight

tankerman
03-20-2007, 7:40 PM
I bought a Lyman tang sight for my Marlin Guidegun. What a piece of CRAP. They decided to reproduce the sight that made them famous the #2. I Drilled and tapped the tang on my receiver, mounted it and took it to the range, pulled the trigger and watched it fly apart over and over again. I brought it home and compared it to an original I have on another gun. It didn't take much comparing to easily see that the newer model is a hunk of junk. Poorly machined, loose adjustments, uneven surfaces. Don't buy.
I called Brownells, so much for the legendary service. They gave me Lyman's phone number and told me to deal with them myself. By the response it was obvious that this wasn't the first complaint they received. But. that does not excuse them from taking care for their customers and why do they continue to sell such junk. Not to mention, I now have a friggen hole drilled and tapped in my tang.

Sgt Raven
03-20-2007, 8:58 PM
Get a Marble's tang sight.

tankerman
03-22-2007, 8:01 PM
Get a Marble's tang sight.
Have you got one?

PJA
03-23-2007, 5:51 AM
I have three Marbles. Mounted on a Browning low wall in 45 Colt, a Winchester Model 53 in 25-20 WCF and a Marlin 94 Cowboy in 357 Mag. They work perfectly.
Pete

tankerman
03-23-2007, 7:56 PM
I have three Marbles. Mounted on a Browning low wall in 45 Colt, a Winchester Model 53 in 25-20 WCF and a Marlin 94 Cowboy in 357 Mag. They work perfectly.
Pete
Does that Low Wall have a tang? I have a High wall 454 without the tang and have thought about mounting one designed for the tang-less models.