PDA

View Full Version : Goodness. Look what happened in New Jersey !

bg
03-20-2007, 2:13 PM
This can't be the same state is it ? Is the sky really falling ? Could
something this unbelievable happen here in Corruptfornia ?
http://www.washingtonceasefire.com/content/view/52/35/

New Jersey Court Recognizes 2nd Amendment and Holds that it Trumps Gun Forfeiture Law
(http://www.washingtonceasefire.com/index2.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=52&pop=1&page=0&Itemid=35)
(http://www.washingtonceasefire.com/index2.php?option=com_content&task=emailform&id=52&itemid=35) Belvidere, N.J, March 19, 2007 — In a landmark written opinion (http://www.evannappen.com/lawupdate1gunbook/pdfs/peterson.pdf) filed February 27, a New Jersey Superior Court recognized the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution and held that a citizen’s Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms cannot be involuntarily waived under a New Jersey firearms forfeiture law.

“The recognition of Second Amendment rights in New Jersey is long overdue,” said attorney Evan F. Nappen, whose law firm (including Richard V. Gilbert, Esq. and Louis P. Nappen, Esq.) represented appellant Dennis W. Peterson in the Warren County case. “In this appeal, the Second Amendment was applied to New Jersey via the Constitutional doctrine of fundamental fairness, overcoming a significant legal hurdle needed for the Federal Bill of Rights to apply to the State.”

This decision coincides with the recent Parker v. District of Columbia case, in which the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia struck down a decades-old handgun ban in Washington, D.C. on the ground that it violates the Second Amendment.
I must be dreaming..

Stanze
03-20-2007, 2:17 PM
Wow.

SemiAutoSam
03-20-2007, 2:18 PM
Dreaming or not lets hope this rubs off on California State.

This can't be the same state is it ? Is the sky really falling ? Could
something this unbelievable happen here in Corruptfornia ?
http://www.washingtonceasefire.com/content/view/52/35/

I must be dreaming..

adamsreeftank
03-20-2007, 2:53 PM
Maybe the Parker decision is giving some closeted 2nd ammendment supporting judjes the stones to actually support the Constitution.

tgriffin
03-20-2007, 3:00 PM
WOW WOW WOW...... I hope this is a trend that continues...... WOW

WokMaster1
03-20-2007, 3:28 PM
Here's my theory why it'll never happen in California. A lot of the libs & antis from Jersey are moving here. Only the true conservatives are left so the climate is slowly changing there.:D

sthornwall
03-20-2007, 3:34 PM
Here's my theory why it'll never happen in California. A lot of the libs & antis from Jersey are moving here. Only the true conservatives are left so the climate is slowly changing there.:D

I agree but this still leaves some hope for us in CA.

JesseXXX
03-20-2007, 3:56 PM
I sure hope so... our laws honestly just don't make sense.... no matter what you ban or new laws enacted...CRIMINALS DON'T CARE ABOUT LAWS.... the FBI just confirned that.... (duh) :)

WokMaster1
03-20-2007, 4:13 PM
I agree but this still leaves some hope for us in CA.

We need to do a brain storming session to lure these people away from California. Arizona whales & redwood trees needs saving....something like that. Think they'll go for it?

aileron
03-20-2007, 4:32 PM
Maybe the Parker decision is giving some closeted 2nd ammendment supporting judjes the stones to actually support the Constitution.

I think this was concluded on the 27th of February. Before Parker.

Also the story is not over.

The Warren County Prosecutor has filed a notice of appeal in the case.

Lets hope for the best. :)

Charliegone
03-20-2007, 4:37 PM
Great. I think this will continue...but I don't think we will see super loose CA laws in the future...at most they might allow AW registration, with strict guidelines etc...hey its better than nothing.

Pulsar
03-20-2007, 7:06 PM
We need to do a brain storming session to lure these people away from California. Arizona whales & redwood trees needs saving....something like that. Think they'll go for it?

Probably, but I wouldn't wish these people on my worst enemy... and they essentially are my worst enemy :eek: (the eco-nazi lib wack jobs)

hoffmang
03-20-2007, 7:36 PM
Sanity may be catching.

-Gene

383green
03-20-2007, 8:05 PM
Sanity may be catching.

Ok, so how can we infect more carriers before the insane develop a vaccine?

anotherone
03-20-2007, 8:17 PM
On a side note I'd like to take a moment and say: "Thank god we're not in New Jersey". NJ is way, way, way worse than Cali in terms of gun control. I heard even M-1 Carbines and M-14s are "Assault Weapons" there that I can't hunt there with my semi-auto shotgun :eek:!!!

It's good to see the gun owning public in New Jersey get their day in court.

Charliegone
03-20-2007, 9:34 PM
On a side note I'd like to take a moment and say: "Thank god we're not in New Jersey". NJ is way, way, way worse than Cali in terms of gun control. I heard even M-1 Carbines and M-14s are "Assault Weapons" there that I can't hunt there with my semi-auto shotgun :eek:!!!

It's good to see the gun owning public in New Jersey get their day in court.

PLUS you cannot have anything that is a "clone" of the rifles on their "list."

MrLogan
03-20-2007, 9:44 PM
Wow. I sure hope this and Parker rubs off on CA. It's about damn time.

Cato
03-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Seems like the pendulum is swinging our way. :)

Richie Rich
03-21-2007, 12:11 AM
I wonder if some of the sheeple are starting to wake up and take notice of.

1. This country would not exist if it wasn't for firearms.
2. There is a reason that the 2nd amendment only has one other amendment ahead of it (read, important)..
3. In a world of insecurity and threat of terrorism, civil unrest or outright lawlessness, the only thing that might stand between them and evil is the right and ability to defend ones self, family and home.

I am normally a serious pessimist, but I think the tide may be turning just a tiny bit..

otalps
03-21-2007, 12:52 AM
Anyone who thinks the 2nd amendment is in any way shape or form ambiguous in interpretation is an illiterate friggin moron. There should be a literacy test for anyone who wants a government job period.

tgriffin
03-21-2007, 2:26 AM
yep bout time people figure out that the 2nd amendment is the only gurantee that they have to all the rest of the amendments.

Archenemy550
03-21-2007, 6:06 AM
ahhh!
I really really really hope something like this will happen in CA soon!
:D

Smokeybehr
03-21-2007, 7:58 AM

Just tell them that the energy in Taos is fading, and that they are needed to contribute their own psychic power to the pool, and they need to move there full-time to ensure the survivability of the harmony.