PDA

View Full Version : Any Private FFL dealer or C&R in Orange county?

Dirty Monkey
01-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Looking to purchase a C&R revolver, and don't really want to spend another $100 to have it Dros and the other fees.

I'm located in Anaheim,ca.

tenpercentfirearms
01-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Did you check the sticky at the top of this very forum?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=263286

Dirty Monkey
01-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Yes, im looking for a person and not a shop.

rromeo
01-21-2012, 12:48 PM

CSACANNONEER
01-21-2012, 12:53 PM

CSACANNONEER
01-21-2012, 12:57 PM
The sticky will dirrect you to FFLs some are homebased and some have shops. You do realize that a C&R FFL won't be able to help you. They are not licensed to buy with the intention of selling. Also, if they buy a C&R handgun in CA, they need to go through an 01FFL and DROS it just like the rest of us. There is no legal way around you aquiring a C&R handgun without paying for DROS and probably without paying someone for thier sevices unless, you can find one local and PPT it.

tenpercentfirearms
01-21-2012, 1:21 PM
Yes, im looking for a person and not a shop.When we say "Local FFL" we mean anyone that holds an FFL license.

Cokebottle
01-21-2012, 1:28 PM
No "kitchen table" FFLs in Orange County.
Nearest "$10 FFL" is Ridgecrest, another in Bakersfield.
It will be cheaper to spend $150 at Turners than to pay for gas for two trips to those FFLs.

Bunch of C&R, but the C&R FFL can't help you... his is a collector's license only and he can't perform transfers.

All handguns have to go through an 01, C&R status makes no difference.

Best way to get around the $100+ and get it to $35?
Post a WTB advertisement in the marketplace describing what you want and need a local seller, indicate the areas that you'd be willing to drive "as far as" for the transaction (keeping in mind that you'll be making two trips).
Meet the seller face to face and it's a $35 transfer at the FFL.

CSACANNONEER
01-21-2012, 1:45 PM
Of course there are kitchen table FFLs in Orange County. I know I've bought a firearm from a homebased FFL in Orange County before. I just saw him at the last Ventura gunshow so, I know he's still in bussiness.

ke6guj
01-21-2012, 1:49 PM
and IIRC one of the guys at the SHOT show dinners was an Orange County home-based FFL as well.

Cokebottle
01-21-2012, 1:55 PM
Of course there are kitchen table FFLs in Orange County. I know I've bought a firearm from a homebased FFL in Orange County before. I just saw him at the last Ventura gunshow so, I know he's still in bussiness.
Let's get him on the list in the sticky then!!!!!!!!!!

mcisniper
01-21-2012, 2:43 PM
Try Whitten Sales in Westminster. http://fflgundealers.net/whitten-sales.html

Good guy, don't know his fee schedule though.

Michael

Dirty Monkey
01-22-2012, 12:15 AM
Thanks.