PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a ride to matches

Beavis1971
01-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Hello everyone. I live in San Diego North County inland and I am looking for a ride to any of the matches at Santa Margarita Gun Club. I will cover gas. Please email me at Brianjwebb2000@yahoo.com

Thanks.

memo43
01-24-2012, 7:17 PM
Hey Beavis,
Im pretty sure that finding a ride to the range should be easy. But more importantly you have to introduce yourself (keep people a warm and fuzzy). Have you ever been up to Pendelton before?
I know of a few folks who car pool from as far as Burbank or North of LA.
It really comes down to getting to know who all comes and shoots. Maybe talk a buddy into comeing down and introduce him to the sport.
heck if I lived by where you do I might share a ride.

Memo

Beavis1971
01-24-2012, 7:31 PM
Thanks Memo, I think I have found a ride. I have shot at Camp Pendleton, I was a Marine stationed there, (Camp Margarita and San Mateo) from 1990-94 with 2/5. I have also shot high power matches there as well, but I have not shot in a match in over 8 years and I am looking at getting back into it.

memo43
01-25-2012, 7:50 PM
OH wow small world, I must have been right behind you. I was with 2/4 in 97. Mateo has changed alot, try and sing up there. I think the hills got taller, even first sgt hill. either that or I/we shrunk with fine age

hope to meet you soon

memo

Beavis1971
01-28-2012, 6:48 PM
I saw you at the match today, but I didn't get a chance to actually meet you. I enjoyed shooting today, but my pit service was AWFUL at best. I had saved rounds in the offhand due to slow service and the 600 was even worse. On different note, 2/4 used to be 2/9. When the USMC was cutting back in 93-94 they disbanded 2/9 and renamed it 2/4. They were at Margarita when that happened.