View Full Version : Found it, thanks guys.

03-19-2007, 9:17 PM
I'm looking for an AR7 survival rifle, either armalite, charter arms or one of the other manufacturers (except henry, I had a horrible experiance with one and I'm not going to do it again)

cheap is the word of the day with this, as most of it's getting chucked for custom parts.

If you have an early one thats C&R eligable then I'm extra interested as I could have it shipped without paying the dealer transfer fees that tack so much on the cost of the rifle.

Thanks guys.

03-21-2007, 9:20 PM
I have one, charter but it runs way too good to sell...what are you doing with custom parts? I've thought about monkeying with mine...B2B

03-22-2007, 5:42 PM
I'm going to turn a custom full steel barrel with an integrated feed ramp, 16 inch threaded with a short barrel shroud with a forward grip attached.

and I'm going to try to scavange or recreate one of the Israli FAL pistol griped folding stocks.

replace the aluminum sideplate with one of steel.

combine that with some of the old ramline mags I have kicking around here somewhere and it could be a nifty little toy.

04-20-2007, 2:00 PM
just a bump

04-23-2007, 3:40 PM
C'mon guys, you know you want to see that safe queen turned into something awesome.

04-23-2007, 3:58 PM
The Gun Shop in Lancaster had two of them two months ago. One was silver colored and the other was black. I think they wanted under $200 for them.

04-23-2007, 6:22 PM
If they are new produciton and one is silver then they are probably carying the new production henry survival rifles.

I used to own one of those. it was total junk, I don't want to get into the horror stories about them, but they are not compatible with the mods that I want to make.

thanks for the heads up tho.

04-24-2007, 4:25 PM
PM replied