View Full Version : German Shorthaired Pointer (versatile hunting dog)

01-19-2012, 9:14 AM
I am the original breeder of this pup, Alice, who has found its way back into my care. She had a home, was unwanted, but rather than being returned to me, she was left to go explore the area on her own.

Alice made her way to the pound, then 5 days later into an animal rescue. The rescue spayed her, wormed her, microchipped her, and made her up to date on her shots.

The shelter had put her on their website to find her a home. That is when I found her. I went to the shelter, paid the bail money, and now she is at home with me, and is re-aclimating to being a family member and is in the process of being retrained for a home environment. The down side of all of this effore I am putting out is that I am unable and unwilling to keep her, so I need to rehome her.

Her adoption fee is $300 (OBO). This covers the fees I paid for her bail, the kennel and bowls that will go with her, and the food I have put out.

If you have any questions, please ask and I will do my best to answer them.
I am working with her to re-house train her. She is being reacclimated to a home environment, learning what is acceptable in a house and what is not. She is very affectionate. Because I am having ankle surgery on Feb. 7, I really need to find her a home before then so my g/f isn't having to deal with my dogs and this one on top of them. She is well socialized with people and other dogs. Cats, I don't know.