PDA

View Full Version : LAN World, Inc. presents the "California Compliant XCR"

Mark_in_Pasadena
03-19-2007, 3:42 PM
I just got off the phone with Chris from Lanworld about the Fulton lower I ordered, and I guess he JUST met with Robinson Arms today and they worked out a deal from him to make them California compliant and plans to start selling them....:D

This thing is bad assssssss, check out the videos on their site. The one that was really amuzing was the one where you could change from 5.56 to 7.69 x .39....

http://www.robarm.com/XCR_videos.htm

Here's the news on Chris's site

http://www.lanworldinc.com/index.htm

Now I guess I know what I'll be spending my tax return on.....;)

http://www.lanworldinc.com/ra_XCR_Brochure_2.jpg

mark3lb
03-19-2007, 3:45 PM
talk about one killer looking rifle....wow.

Jicko
03-19-2007, 3:53 PM
Why don't they fix the stock and put a MMG.... and take out all the evil features (fwd pistol grip, flash hider).... then, it will be as legal as anything else....

Ed8756
03-19-2007, 3:58 PM
looks pretty cool.

Mark_in_Pasadena
03-19-2007, 4:00 PM
Why don't they fix the stock and put a MMG.... and take out all the evil features (fwd pistol grip, flash hider).... then, it will be as legal as anything else....

Well you can do order it without the folding stock, but to get around that they plan on adding a 3 inch compensator which will make it longer than 30 inches when the stock is folded.

If you go to the Robinson site I linked, you can see all the different variations.

50 Freak
03-19-2007, 4:01 PM
I'll wait till I see it....I'm still pissed at them for not supporting their VEPR line of rifles.

Mark_in_Pasadena
03-19-2007, 4:14 PM
Well from my understanding is the rifle has less moving parts and has actually less kick than the AR. Keep in mind guys, this is more than just the issue of this rifle, this might help other gun manufacturers that are not listed to start doing the same thing. BTW - All of the write up's have been very positive about this rifle.

I would love for Robinson to do a Calguns event and provide a rifle that people could actually fire...

If Chris reads this, maybe he could get them to do something like that at the L.A. shooting range by Sylmar, I think theres a decent size event going on at the end of the month there... Just a thought...

thmpr
03-19-2007, 4:59 PM
Chris is doing alot of things behind the scenes with other major mfgs. Hopefully it will fall through. I am so glad Chris is around as a vendor since 2005.

Thanks Chris...! Can't wait till the 6.8 SPC comes around.

gose
03-19-2007, 5:27 PM
Well you can do order it without the folding stock, but to get around that they plan on adding a 3 inch compensator which will make it longer than 30 inches when the stock is folded.
If you go to the Robinson site I linked, you can see all the different variations.

I dont really understand what you're saying here... Folding stock + detachable mag == AW, no matter if the length is over 30" with the stock folded or not.

Mark_in_Pasadena
03-19-2007, 5:38 PM
I dont really understand what you're saying here... Folding stock + detachable mag == AW, no matter if the length is over 30" with the stock folded or not.

Pinned 10 round mag or Bullet Button directly shipped from Chris resolves this issue... Keep in mind YOU HAVE TO USE a 10 round mag with the bullet button option...

Cbieling
03-19-2007, 6:18 PM
List,

I am proud to announce another "California Compliant" firearm.

Robinson Armament Co. and LAN World, Inc. have produced a “California compliant” XCR package which I think you will all like.

The “California XCR” will come with a bullet lock button and 10 round mag installed prior to shipping. You will have your choice of a Spikes Tactical fake suppressor can or a muzzle break which will bring the length to 30” with the stock folded.

Robinson Armament Co. is going to machine the upper so that the angle is increased to facilitate easier loading of the fixed magazine.

You will have 3 options for stocks: folding, collapsible or a combination folding/telescoping (add $50.00 for the combo stock).

These rifles will come with the rail covers and the Yankee Hill flip up front and read sites.

You can also have the MonsterMan Grip installed for an extra $45.00

The rifle ships with a case, instructions and a child lock.

Price is $1495.00 which includes all of the above accessories.

You can find out more details on the rifle here:

http://www.robarm.com/XCR%20Brochure%209Feb06.pdf

Thanks,
Chris

DV8
03-19-2007, 7:53 PM
Is the fake can/brake permanently installed and will there be a fixed stock option later?

thmpr
03-19-2007, 8:13 PM
They are not permanently attached and fixed stock will always be optional. Just remember to maintain the 30" criteria at all times.

tenpercentfirearms
03-19-2007, 9:29 PM
They are not permanently attached and fixed stock will always be optional. Just remember to maintain the 30" criteria at all times.

I know federal law requires a permanent fix. What does state law say?

I just looked and I saw nothing about if it has to be permanent or not. I didn't see it in 12276.1 or in 978.20.

You might want to consult a lawyer before going gung ho on this one. It looks good since it doesn't say anything, but after I misread the confusing AB2521 and needed a lawyer's input, I wouldn't trust my reading of it. I think you should be good to go, just make sure you double check.

And no this has nothing to do with me selling or not selling these things. Please lets not get into that again. I just don't want anyone to go to jail. If you get a good CA firearms lawyer to confirm nothing has to be permanent on overall length, then import away! More guns is always good. :D

heycorey
03-20-2007, 6:59 AM
I felt compelled to do some reading on SBR's (short-barreled rifles) and came up with some good reading material via AR15.com;

http://www.ar15.com/content/legal/nfaFAQ.html

specifically,

"A Short-Barreled Rifle (SBR) is defined in the law as: 26 USC sec. 5845(a) (3) a rifle having a barrel or barrels less than 16 inches in length; (4) a weapon made from a rifle if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length."
So, if I'm interpreting that correctly, if the XCR has a barrel-length of less than 16" or an overall length (with stock folded) less than 26", you would need to permanently affix a muzzle-brake (or flash-hider if you live in America) in order to avoid problems with NFA regulations.

DV8
03-20-2007, 7:08 AM
The XCR has a 16 in barrel and it meets the 26 in rule as far as Fed goes. I'm just thinking if you got busted by an overzealous cop and you had a removeable can/brake plus folding stock, they could remove the can/brake and declare you have a shorter than 30 in rifle. Might happen, might not its just a thought...

Prc329
03-20-2007, 7:50 AM
I would consult bwise or any of the other very knowledgeable guys. I believe if you can prove you had the rifle properly configured before it was taken you should be o.k., kinda like when they removed the magazine from that guys rifle with a mallet.

Also doesn't California say you need to be 30"?

I would love one of these units but I want to make sure everything is very legal before I get one.

Cbieling
03-20-2007, 7:53 AM
List,

You will have the option when you place the order to have the factory permanently install the fake can or the muzzle break.

I also forgot to mention that you have a $50.00 option for the heavy barrel. These come with 16" barrels.

Call to place your order and discuss your options 801-865-8550

Thanks,

Chris

heycorey
03-20-2007, 7:53 AM
The XCR has a 16 in barrel and it meets the 26 in rule as far as Fed goes. I'm just thinking if you got busted by an overzealous cop and you had a removeable can/brake plus folding stock, they could remove the can/brake and declare you have a shorter than 30 in rifle. Might happen, might not its just a thought...

That's the part I guess I'm confused about. I've always gone by the 30" rifle-length rule as well. But I assumed that was the length that would have been quoted in the NFA regulations; till I came up with the NFA info above. Is there another law/regulation requiring/referencing the 30" length? I'm just trying to get clarification for myself at this point ... especially if I decide to buy one of these XCR's.

Thanks - Corey

Prc329
03-20-2007, 8:00 AM
PENAL CODE SECTION 12020-12040

2) As used in this section, a "short-barreled rifle" means any of
the following:
(A) A rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in
length.
(B) A rifle with an overall length of less than 26 inches.
(C) Any weapon made from a rifle (whether by alteration,
modification, or otherwise) if that weapon, as modified, has an
overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less
than 16 inches in length.
(D) Any device which may be readily restored to fire a fixed
cartridge which, when so restored, is a device defined in
subparagraphs (A) to (C), inclusive.
(E) Any part, or combination of parts, designed and intended to
convert a device into a device defined in subparagraphs (A) to (C),
inclusive, or any combination of parts from which a device defined in
subparagraphs (A) to (C), inclusive, may be readily assembled if
those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same
person.

Where did the 30" thing come from? Looks like it has to be permanent as well.

JPN6336
03-20-2007, 8:26 AM
Where did the 30" thing come from? Looks like it has to be permanent as well.

30" rule comes from our favorite section of the PC to pick on:

12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following: (1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following: (A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon. (B) A thumbhole stock. (C) A folding or telescoping stock. (D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher. (E) A flash suppressor. (F) A forward pistol grip. (2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds. (3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.

thomye
03-20-2007, 9:55 AM
i just placed my order last week from Chris. :)

Can't wait.

Mark_in_Pasadena
03-20-2007, 10:26 AM
i just placed my order last week from Chris. :)

Can't wait.

I would love to hook with you and see the gun in person, are you in L.A. by any chance?

thmpr
03-20-2007, 10:34 AM
I know federal law requires a permanent fix. What does state law say?

I just looked and I saw nothing about if it has to be permanent or not. I didn't see it in 12276.1 or in 978.20.

You might want to consult a lawyer before going gung ho on this one. It looks good since it doesn't say anything, but after I misread the confusing AB2521 and needed a lawyer's input, I wouldn't trust my reading of it. I think you should be good to go, just make sure you double check.

And no this has nothing to do with me selling or not selling these things. Please lets not get into that again. I just don't want anyone to go to jail. If you get a good CA firearms lawyer to confirm nothing has to be permanent on overall length, then import away! More guns is always good. :D

Wes,
I was only answering his question about being permanent or what were the stock options are. You jumped the gun on this one since I stated that it must meet the 30" requirement at all times.

tenpercentfirearms
03-20-2007, 1:58 PM
Wes,
I was only answering his question about being permanent or what were the stock options are. You jumped the gun on this one since I stated that it must meet the 30" requirement at all times.
I think you misunderstood me as I wasn't very clear in what I was asking had to be fixed or not. I know it has to meet the 30" requirement at all times. The question is does it permanently have to meet the 30" requirement at all times. If you can remove the fake can with your hands or a wrench, is it still considered 30" or is it now under 30"? That is the question we need to know.

Chris has partially resolved this by stating he will permanently fix the fake can. Still the question remains, does it have to be permanent or not?

PRC329 cites an interesting part of the penal code talking about SBRs that state they cannot be readily restored to under 26" or they are still considered an SBR. With PC 12276.1 you cannot go less than 30". So can these two be combined and could you be prosecuted for having a readily restorable rifle under 30"?

If you permanently fix the fake can, then you don't have to worry about it and Chris will do that for you. I would still like to find out an answer so if you don't, obviously it would be easier for Chris and more preferable for the customer to leave it removable. So this would be a good question to get a good answer for.

grammaton76
03-20-2007, 3:02 PM
Ok, guys.

30" is a California assault weapon thing only. The Feds do not care as long as you're 26" or over.

Federally, we have constructive possession for SBR's.
At a State level, we do not have constructive possession for AW's.

30" is an AW issue, therefore there is no constructive possession.

There is no requirement whatsoever that your extension be permanently fitted in order to reach 30". As others have noted, an overzealous cop COULD always unscrew your extension in order to make it an AW. That's the only reason to even consider a permanent extension. But the risk here is actually lower than the risk of some armorer unscrewing an original Prince50 lock to remove the mag (or using a mallet).

However, I would personally run without a permanently mounted extension. There's nothing whatsoever illegal about a screwed-on one.

thomye
03-20-2007, 3:46 PM
I would love to hook with you and see the gun in person, are you in L.A. by any chance?

yup. i usually shoot burro. once i get it, i'll pm you.

SI-guru
03-20-2007, 4:24 PM
Why not take the folding stock out and use an U-15 stock and muzzle brake ?

PistolPete75
03-20-2007, 4:32 PM
man o man, this gun is gonna be hot!

Cbieling
03-20-2007, 5:41 PM
List,

The wonderful thing about this rifle is "Options"

Muzzle Brake or Spike Can.

Several different types of stocks:

Folding, Telescoping, combo folder with telescoping, traditional A2 type stock or U15 stock

Heavy or light barrel.

MonsterMan grip or Hogue or standard grip.

Soon I will be offering stripped lowers, parts kicks, stocks and uppers separate.

This is all about the California shooter getting a hot off the press rifle the way YOU want it all the while being California compliant.

In a month or so I will have the 6.8 barrels to offer which is just a quick change while keeping your lower the same.

Enjoy!

Chris

Prc329
03-20-2007, 5:44 PM
Ok, guys.

30" is a California assault weapon thing only. The Feds do not care as long as you're 26" or over.

Federally, we have constructive possession for SBR's.
At a State level, we do not have constructive possession for AW's.

30" is an AW issue, therefore there is no constructive possession.

There is no requirement whatsoever that your extension be permanently fitted in order to reach 30". As others have noted, an overzealous cop COULD always unscrew your extension in order to make it an AW. That's the only reason to even consider a permanent extension. But the risk here is actually lower than the risk of some armorer unscrewing an original Prince50 lock to remove the mag (or using a mallet).

However, I would personally run without a permanently mounted extension. There's nothing whatsoever illegal about a screwed-on one.

The penal code I quoted is California penal code. It says it can not ne reversible.

xenophobe
03-20-2007, 6:18 PM
Overall length, is the shortest 'overall length' that the rifle can still be fired. That is why the Kel-Tec SU-16 is not an Assault Weapon.

DV8
03-20-2007, 6:26 PM
Overall length, is the shortest 'overall length' that the rifle can still be fired. That is why the Kel-Tec SU-16 is not an Assault Weapon.

Thats partly what I had in mind when I asked my question originally.

I dont mean to scare off any potential buyers, I just wanted to know if there were any other option to keep the rifle within legal lengths since I'm not a big fan of fake cans or extended brakes. As CBieling stated there are via the A2 or U15 stock. So being the semi paranoid person I am, I would probably order one in that config. Pinned mag, fixed stock and all the other good stuff.

grammaton76
03-20-2007, 6:44 PM
The penal code I quoted is California penal code. It says it can not ne reversible.

California mirrors Federal with regards to 26" overall length. You're quoting the 26" regulations, and are correct where it pertains to rifles which can be brought under 26".

I'm addressing the 30" limit, not the 26" limit.

CALI-gula
03-22-2007, 9:35 AM
Those are NICE!!!

tophatjones
03-22-2007, 12:45 PM
lol...Did anyone else notice how clumsy the guy was during the caliber conversion video? Really cool rifle though...

Cbieling
03-27-2007, 11:06 AM
3-week lead time.

Choice of heavy or light barrel.

Choice of standard stock, M4 style telescoping stock, folding stock.

There is a MonsterMan grip option as well.

Have already shipped several to California FFL's

Call to place your order and discuss options.

801-865-8550

Thanks
Chris

M24
03-28-2007, 8:02 AM
Chris is a great guy, deal with confidence!

Astig Boy
04-03-2007, 5:12 PM
Any chance of this rifle having a 9mm or 45 caliber conversion?

Cbieling
04-03-2007, 7:29 PM
Right now it is shipping in 5.56/.223 in a month there will be a 6.8 kit, then a 7.62 kit.

No plans at the moment for 9mm or .45 ACP

Thanks
Chris

SunriseF150
04-04-2007, 9:06 AM
...The “California XCR” will come with a bullet lock button and 10 round mag installed prior to shipping. You will have your choice of a Spikes Tactical fake suppressor can or a muzzle break which will bring the length to 30” with the stock folded.

Robinson Armament Co. is going to machine the upper so that the angle is increased to facilitate easier loading of the fixed magazine....

Question. Why are they going to machine the upper so it is easier to load if it comes with a bullet lock button?

Cbieling
04-04-2007, 12:30 PM
There are some customers that prefer the Prince 50 kit vs. the Bullet Button.

Thanks,
Chris

SFV_Dealer
05-12-2007, 6:07 AM
Metroshot has the XCR Heavy barrel in stock ! Video of one in action at the range also posted by SFV_Dealer. Stop by on Saturday - 2 in stock!

SDshooter
05-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Chris,
Do you still sell one for $1495?. If yes, I'll get one soon. Thank you.

Cbieling
05-18-2007, 3:36 PM
List,

Give me a call and we can discuss lead times and options.

Thanks,
Chris
801-878-4880

Satex
05-31-2007, 6:41 PM
Chris is doing alot of things behind the scenes with other major mfgs. Hopefully it will fall through.

When one says that "something will fall through" doesn't it mean that it wont happen?
Did you mean to say "Hopefully it will not fall through"?

SI-guru
06-02-2007, 12:59 AM
I can't say enough how much I like the XCR. It feels like an AR lower with a FAL upper/LMT MRP combo.
I would recommend the fix stock, MM grip and muzzle brake version. This gun is too fun to use a fixed mag.
The price is about the same as a piston AR upper but this is a complete rifle with quick change capability and BUIS.
The only minor issue for me is the trigger needs a lot of break-ins before it goes 2-stage. The exact reason why one should shoot more with this rifle. :D

Pido11
06-12-2007, 2:21 PM
Just to let everone know. I ordered an AK47 CA Wasr10 from Lanworld and I was so pleased with the way I was treated. He called me back and got my ordered instantly and was delivered within a week. He called me back and emailed me all the details in regards to my orders. Plus one for Chris of Lanworld! I recommend them!;)

DLaw
01-10-2008, 3:33 PM
I'm looking at purchasing an XCR with the Monsterman grip. My question is when I move out of Kalifornia to a free state, can a regular AR15 grip be installed?

Addax
01-10-2008, 5:23 PM
I'm looking at purchasing an XCR with the Monsterman grip. My question is when I move out of Kalifornia to a free state, can a regular AR15 grip be installed?

Yes, a regular AR type PG fits the XCR, and when you move out of California, you can install the AR type PG vs. the Monsterman grip, but only when you are outside of California or if you have the magazine locked by a mag lock or bullet button.

DLaw
01-11-2008, 8:23 AM
Yes, a regular AR type PG fits the XCR, and when you move out of California, you can install the AR type PG vs. the Monsterman grip, but only when you are outside of California or if you have the magazine locked by a mag lock or bullet button.

Thank you for the info. Living behind the lines is rough! :D

CaliAR
01-11-2008, 6:18 PM
Would anybody use the 6.8 version for hunting? I want a hunting gun and
wouldn't mind if it had the looks of the XCR. I've never been hunting but I want to start and I dont want to be the only one out there with a black style rifle.

calirath
04-05-2012, 5:15 PM
can someone plz post a pic of the california compliant xcr they purchased

thx
paul

clutchy
04-05-2012, 8:18 PM
holy 4 year thread resurrection...