PDA

View Full Version : Saiga style Conversion

Jimmy Deuce
03-19-2007, 4:59 PM
Any one done a Saiga grip sonversion to their akm's??? Is if difficult???? If it is any one know a smith that will do it???

wayoutwest
03-19-2007, 9:54 PM
Saiga rifles dont have grips. Several members here (myself included) have built up AKM kits and recievers with Saiga stocks and moved the triggers back to make the LOP more natural.

Difficult yeah, you have to do the regular build as well as drill holes for the new pins if using Saiga 7.62 FCG

But is allows for a natual grasp as well as detachable mag.

DV8
03-20-2007, 7:43 AM
If you use a 308 fcg its a lot easier. I helped a friend build a romy g kit into one, it was his first build and hasnt had a malfunction yet in about 1500 rounds. If you've built AKs before its not difficult at all. If its you're first time, as long as you have patience and are slightly mechanically inclined you shouldnt have too hard a time. If you run into problems while building, just post here. Like wayouwest said, a lot of members have done this before so I'm sure we'll be able to give you an answer.

As far as smiths that do this, I havent heard of one. You might try TROMIX though. Tony (the owner) posts here every so often and his specialty is converting saigas to aks. I'm sure he could do the reverse easily, it might cost you though but he does great work.