PDA

View Full Version : Finally, got my CA State ID - time for a Lower!

DJDace
03-19-2007, 3:37 PM
At last, I can purchase an OLL! So, who would you all recommend I go and speak to about getting a nice OLL for my AR project? I'm in the Valley so somewhere nearby would be great!

Ammo Bros?
Metroshot?

Should I order online and pay for an FFL fee?

I'm so excited I think I might wet myself! :)

PistolPete75
03-19-2007, 4:00 PM
if your looking for the best bang for the buck deal...check this link out. i just ordered one from them. tell them to ship it to metroshot.

http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=338

DJDace
03-19-2007, 4:17 PM
if your looking for the best bang for the buck deal...check this link out. i just ordered one from them. tell them to ship it to metroshot.

http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=338

Well I contacted Metroshot to let them know I am ordering the LAR Stripped Lower. Can I just go ahead and purchase the Lower? Or do I need to let CWS know what Metroshots address is and wait for Metroshot to get back to me about the FFL transfer 1st? (I haven't done any purchasing online before, but the deal on that lower is too good to pass up).

mark3lb
03-19-2007, 4:19 PM
Give lanworldinc.com a try. Fast shipping

grammaton76
03-19-2007, 4:29 PM
Personally, I'd look at Bright Spot Pawn first. They have the cheapest transfers in the area.

Geoffkoop
03-19-2007, 4:59 PM
Got mine from Lanworldinc.com. Cheap price & no tax. Chris will ship to your FFL

PistolPete75
03-19-2007, 5:37 PM
Well I contacted Metroshot to let them know I am ordering the LAR Stripped Lower. Can I just go ahead and purchase the Lower? Or do I need to let CWS know what Metroshots address is and wait for Metroshot to get back to me about the FFL transfer 1st? (I haven't done any purchasing online before, but the deal on that lower is too good to pass up).

CWS already has Metroshot on their files. Just tell them to ship it to Metroshot..go to Metroshot on tuesday or saturday, then dros it, 10 days later you can have it sitting in your hands! enjoy.

I like Chris alot, actually just spent almost $1,400 with him, but an $80 lar receiver is just one hellav of a deal to pass up.

DJDace
03-19-2007, 6:37 PM
CWS already has Metroshot on their files. Just tell them to ship it to Metroshot..go to Metroshot on tuesday or saturday, then dros it, 10 days later you can have it sitting in your hands! enjoy.

I like Chris alot, actually just spent almost $1,400 with him, but an $80 lar receiver is just one hellav of a deal to pass up.

Okay well I sent Metroshot an e-mail letting them know I was purchasing it from CWS, sent them all the info. So I guess all I need to do tonight is just process the purchase from CWS, let them know to ship it to Metroshot, then just arrange with Metroshot when to come in and DROS it then wait my ten days!

Thanks Pete, the help is very much appreciated. I have been waiting months to do this (I already bought alot of my other option parts like my PRS stock etc). Finally I will be able to at least start assembling my lower. Then the fun part will be figuring out how to go about getting an Upper I want :)

PistolPete75
03-19-2007, 6:41 PM
Chris from landworld does have really good prices, you should check him out for the rest of the stuff that you need to complete your build.

boosterboy
03-19-2007, 11:57 PM
Reminds me of my younger years ( a year ago:D ) I actually rushed to the DMV to make a CA ID because I didn't have a driver license at that time.

thx to blacklisted's elite car driving skills (pun intended), I was standing in line to taste the sweetness of the 2nd amendment.

PistolPete75
03-20-2007, 9:33 AM
hope you got my im, Metroshot is denying the order..i think cause they are directly competing for the same item...i'm asking James if he can do it for me..let you know later.

DJDace
03-20-2007, 12:35 PM
hope you got my im, Metroshot is denying the order..i think cause they are directly competing for the same item...i'm asking James if he can do it for me..let you know later.

Can I cancel the order with CWS do you think? Cause I already placed the order and if I can't get it shipped to Metroshot then I am hosed and will need to find another FFL ASAP.

PistolPete75
03-20-2007, 12:42 PM
James will accept the OLL. He lives in Simi Valley. He charges, $65 for the dros. 80+65= $145.

Metro shot has the same lower for $99+tax+$35dros = $145 same thing.

it's your call. Metro won't take the oll cause they are direct competitiion with CWS. I sent my business to James Maddux eventhough I'm traveling a few more miles.

PistolPete75
03-20-2007, 12:43 PM
btw...James screen name is jemaddux. He is online right now. metro shot is only open on tuesdays and saturdays.