PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where I can view the list???

ajl2121
03-19-2007, 1:47 PM
Hey all...I need some help and I'm sure some people here know the answer. I'm looking for a new handgun, something very modern (possibly something that will be available in the future) and something WITHOUT the magazine disconnect. I know there is this list that a manufacturer must have a their products on if they are to be able to sell certain models in California without the magazine disconnect. I'm interested in HK, Sig, Glock, or XD, but would wait for the HK 45 or HK P30 series if they are to be available without the magazine disconnect. Anyone know where I can view the most recent and finalized list of handguns that belong on that roster??? Thanks all in advance!

SVTNate
03-19-2007, 1:50 PM
California DOJ web page. Google!!!!!

Jeffrock
03-19-2007, 1:50 PM
Well, here is the CA approved roster: http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/
I do not know of any list that shows you whether or not a mag disconnect is required for that certain pistol.

Librarian
03-19-2007, 2:07 PM
Well, here is the CA approved roster: http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/
I do not know of any list that shows you whether or not a mag disconnect is required for that certain pistol.
The only way to use the Roster to even guess is the date first on the list - if 2007, must have mag disconnect. If 2006, must have either loaded chamber indicator OR mag disconnect. If 2005 or earlier, might or might not have either feature, but neither one was required before 2006.

Unfortunately, the version of the database available at that link does not have the date a model was first on the Roster.

So, visiting the manufacturers' sites and learning what features are on what models seem to be the answer. It takes a bit longer, of course, but I find it's always entertaining.

ajl2121
03-19-2007, 2:15 PM
Thanks all...I checked the above link and searched for H&K handguns. The HK P30 or the HK 45 were not even included on that list. That means that without a doubt these handguns (if they are to be introduced to the CA market) will have a magazine disconnect, right?

JPN6336
03-19-2007, 2:30 PM
The list does not have to include whether or not the handgun has a magazine disconnect. Those models that do not have the required features are not put on the list. Those that were approved prior to the required date(s) stay there without the need for a disconnect. If a pistol has multiple models including ones with the disconnect, that specific model number is listed and not the others.

Cpl_Peters
03-19-2007, 2:54 PM
I believe HK submitted the HK45 before Jan1 07 so it doenst have to have the mag disconnect or LCI, however it does take time to be tested and end up on the list. It should show up eventually.

JPN6336
03-19-2007, 4:53 PM
I believe HK submitted the HK45 before Jan1 07 so it doenst have to have the mag disconnect or LCI, however it does take time to be tested and end up on the list. It should show up eventually.

It has to have 1 but not both. Starting January 1, of 2006 they were required to have one. Many pistols got by with a hole in the barrel hood or the external extractor as an LCI. Starting January 1 of this year they were required to have both which is a bigger deal since a mag disconnect requires major re-engineering.

ajl2121
03-19-2007, 9:18 PM
So even though the cut off date was January 1, 2007, the list is not finalized due to the testing phase? I really want to purchase a gun asap, but do not want to buy one when a newer one that I percieve to be better will become available soon. So the HK 45 should appear in stores some time soon? What about the P30 (did the P30 make the list in time to not have the magazine disconnect)? Also, are there any other pistols coming to market soon that I should consider?

dunzie
06-11-2008, 3:58 PM
You can't go wrong with any new (or even most used) Sigs or HKs. Both companies make quality 9mm semi autos, if that's what you're looking for. Sig recently introduced the P250, if you're looking for more 'state of the art' and hopefully H&K will get their new P30 on 'the list,' sometime in near future. If you hear of anyone wishing to sell a new or used P30 via a PPT in CA, please refer them to me! Thanks! Of course there are other great brands with new features; ie. S&W, Springfield, Walther; it seems that as soon as you get away from the two mentioned above, you start a 'war' with those that love em and those that disagree... No matter what, what you pick has to be comfortable for you, or all the new features are worthless...

nobody33
06-12-2008, 8:15 AM

On the HK boards they said they did not, and to not expect the p30/hk45/hk45c in CA ever. The HK45 wasn't ever released until late 2007.

tonelar
06-12-2008, 12:22 PM
If you don't buy based on what's coming down the road you might never end up buying.

Anything popping onto the Roster will have this mag disconnect that you seem so dead set against.

Rivers
06-12-2008, 1:52 PM
Keep in mind that Heller and SCOTUS could have an impact on the "safe gun" list in CA. The LE exemption currently allowed in that law would probably fail to survive a 14th A challenge (equal protection) since the case law from the CA Supreme Court that allows this is based on the "militia" view. Toss that and the dominos start to fall.

If LE loses that special privilege, they won't support that law anymore. Without their support, that law is very vulnerable to repeal or gutting.