PDA

View Full Version : San Leandro OLL friendly?

ghideon
03-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Just need some experience and impressions of OLL shooters who have visited the Davis St. range in San Leandro. Need to sight in my OLL soon.

Thanks

iridesportbikes
03-18-2007, 11:31 PM
Just need some experience and impressions of OLL shooters who have visited the Davis St. range in San Leandro. Need to sight in my OLL soon.

Thanks

Been there several times with OLL and have not had any problems.

oaklander
03-18-2007, 11:55 PM
Same here - no problems - just remember no FMJ ammo.

guimus
03-18-2007, 11:59 PM
I've shot a few OLL's there. They won't hassle you at all. I've also been on the line there when some tough guys next to me started chatting with me about my rifle (an RRA varmint build, in this case.) I started talking about the whole OLL thing. They said they just got theirs in Nevada and proceeded to pull out a Bushie M4-style rifle, all the evil features, brand new 30 round mags, etc. Of course, they couldn't hit the paper, but it would appear that the range is actually AW friendly...though the indoor range is a favorite spot for lots of local cops.

2 Considerations for shooting at San Leandro:

1)No FMJ ammo, which means much more expensive shooting unless you roll your own.

2)Centerfire rifle cartridges are only allowed on the 100 yard range, so unless you're reasonably close to zero, have a boresighter, or want to break it open and remove the bcg, it may be more trouble than it's worth.

oaklander
03-19-2007, 12:03 AM
Yes - Chabot's probably better to sight in - FMJ's OK - and they have 50 and 20 yard ranges. . .

And Chabot's very OLL friendly.

ghideon
03-19-2007, 12:13 AM
Yeah, the FMJ is a pain on the rear. I have full cases of South African milsurp I can't shoot there.

I am sighting in my 20' varmint OLL and will have some reloads (match kings and hollowpoints). I'll bring the M1A as well, I have some 308 match kings for that as well.

Thanks for the info.