PDA

View Full Version : CFLC website is down (1/16/12)

EBR Works
01-16-2012, 2:16 PM
Anybody else having problems getting in? I have half a dozen shipments to get out today before we leave for SHOT and I'm dead in the water. To think of all the shipments inbound to California that are stalled because of this. Frickin unbelievable! :mad:

OCArmory
01-16-2012, 3:54 PM
Not working for me either. You can fax a request but it might take some time for a response.
Mike

ParallaxTactical.com
01-16-2012, 4:42 PM
I also enjoy how the DROS system is antique.

EBR Works
01-16-2012, 8:17 PM
To think of the chaos this is causing. I personally have 4 inbound shipments that are held up because of this. There must be millions of dollars in commerce on hold because of this incompetence. We really need to get CFLC overturned.

halifax
01-16-2012, 8:27 PM
To think of the chaos this is causing. I personally have 4 inbound shipments that are held up because of this. There must be millions of dollars in commerce on hold because of this incompetence. We really need to get CFLC overturned.

Put the word "interstate" in front of commerce and we may have a case.

BTW: Wasn't the state on holiday today? Did it get fixed?

EBR Works
01-16-2012, 8:48 PM
Put the word "interstate" in front of commerce and we may have a case.

BTW: Wasn't the state on holiday today? Did it get fixed?

It's both California intrastate and interstate to California firearms commerce that is at a complete standstill. It is still down....

aippi
01-17-2012, 7:29 AM
I can't get it up either, the website that is. I have one ready to ship from Michigan to Ade's Gun Shop in Orange. I hate that the client has to wait on this mess and then another 10 days.

What is the fax number as I did not know that was an option.

aippi
01-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Site is up and running again.

tenpercentfirearms
01-18-2012, 7:35 AM
Just ship the things and then get the approval numbers and fax them after the fact.

Munk
01-18-2012, 8:51 AM
Just ship the things and then get the approval numbers and fax them after the fact.

Huh, I thought it was prior to shipping, but after re-reading the law, it's "Prior to Delivery".

I guess that means if you ship it out, and the CFLC program remains down, you just change your carrier's delivery option to "hold at distribution center" or whatever their equivalent is, or just have the person receiving it refuse the package.

kemasa
01-18-2012, 9:11 AM
BTW, you only need the number, not the letter. So you can email the number or call and let them know the number. If you provide a complete invoice with serial number and everything else, they have 7 days to log it into the bound book.

While the DOJ claims that you can't log it into the bound book, that is a Federal issue. The main thing is to not transfer the firearm, although the DOJ seems to indicate otherwise.

The joke is that the FFL has no way to determine if the CFLC number is valid nor whether it is accurate as to what was sent.

EBR Works
01-18-2012, 5:10 PM
The problem is that the major distributors like RSR, Davidsons, Ellett won't initiate a shipment into California without the approval number.

halifax
01-18-2012, 5:16 PM
I don't know what this implies but at least some of the "right" people are talking about it:

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=1ef541dad0e09e0f2235125c0&id=d5e6fc51fc&e=640bea9f03