PDA

View Full Version : Buying a complete fixed-mag rifle?

Sander77
03-18-2007, 1:40 PM
Hi all,

After reading through all these great posts, I think I've finally made up my mind to get an OLL and start my own build project. However, I'm probably going to take that pretty slow given that it's my first time...

In fact, I think I might go so slow, that I was thinking about just getting a complete rifle as my first AR, then building up the OLL as my second.

However, one thing I wasn't quite clear about from reading other posts is whether or not places like CWS will take one of their complete rifles, add a Bullet Button, and then ship that here to CA.

Just couldn't quite tell how often (if at all) that happens...

Thanks

hoffmang
03-18-2007, 1:59 PM
I'm pretty sure that CWS will ship you a complete rifle. What they may have to do is take the evil features off and ship your local FFL the rifle sans features and the features and bullet button separately to avoid "manufacturing" firearms.

I'm sure they'll be along shortly to clarify.

-Gene

ETD1010
03-18-2007, 2:11 PM
My FFL does that.... I've seen Stag Arms ship in rifles, and do that same thing of seperating.... then, in the shop, just throw on a bullet button (or pin, or whatever) and put on your evil features.... or keep them off, throw on a MMG and use detachable mags.

Sander77
03-18-2007, 2:53 PM
Ah, I see... So then it the case of shipping minus "evil features", it would be just as important to find an FFL willing to do the final modifications before releasing it to me...

Thanks for the input...

BoilermakerJim
03-20-2007, 1:11 PM
CWS will do that as a matter of fact. :) Good people those CWS people.