PDA

View Full Version : How Many Rifles in One Month?

dd03
03-18-2007, 7:58 AM
I was wondering how many rifles you can buy in one month. I know for pistols it's one a month, but what is it for a rifle?

I just bought a rifle and I found a great deal on another rifle that I can't pass up.

SemiAutoSam
03-18-2007, 8:01 AM
As many as you can afford to purchase unless you live in a city with more than 2 Vowels in the name. in that case only 2 per month.

Just kidding about the vowels but If doj had their way something that stupid could happen.

patman
03-18-2007, 8:09 AM
IMHO, the primary restriction would probably be wife/spouse.

Size of safe or wallet are close seconds [Just ask FFL03 guys what it has done to them] ;)

Solidsnake87
03-18-2007, 10:42 AM
You can purchase up to 25 firearms on one or more DROS periods in a month. I did this when I bought stripped lowers.

Mssr. Eleganté
03-18-2007, 2:49 PM
You can purchase up to 25 firearms on one or more DROS periods in a month. I did this when I bought stripped lowers.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

What is a "DROS period"?
Where did you come up with this 25 firearm limit?

There is no limit on the number of long guns you can purchase.

NeoWeird
03-18-2007, 2:53 PM
I believe what he is talking about is that some FFLs will only put so many firearms on one DROS form. I KNOW that you can add a sheet with the proper information for additional firearms, but some FFLs either don't know this or won't do it. I've had one FFL tell me limit of 25 firearms per DROS and if there are more than 25 a second DROS paperwork must be done. I've also been told that it is limited to the number of spaces on the sheet (which is like 4 or 6), of course the same person told me that it was 4 or 6 (I forget how many slots are on the form) firearms and you could put them as all handguns, or all longguns, or a mix and match of both just as long as they had a space on the paper for each additional firearm. :rolleyes: