PDA

View Full Version : Tips for a new FFL?

mcisniper
01-15-2012, 9:14 AM
I have my FFL (01) and just received my COE. Now I'm finishing my local PD background packet to finalize my inspection and get my business license.

What are the cons of upgrading to an 07? I would rather have the ability and not need it than not have it.

For now I plan doing it as a side business and I'm starting to line up suppliers, but I was at P2K yesterday and I was thinking I'm in over my head.

Any tips for the new guy?

Thanks
Michael

eletrickill
01-20-2012, 6:28 AM
Wish I could help you, but im basically in the same boat. I hope some knowledgable people chime in.

Good Luck man.

Rigmarole
01-20-2012, 7:19 AM
We have had our 01 FFL less than a year and are still learning the ropes ourselves as well.

My best suggestion is to register on the "FFL Only" forum (not a part of Calguns - you can find it with Google) and do A LOT of reading there as well as here on Calguns.

Good Luck!!!

eletrickill
01-20-2012, 8:22 AM
Hey thankyou for the input. I went to the website, but you must posess a ffl other than an 03. I currently only have an 03. maybe a local gun shop could sponser me to get a long on?

Rigmarole
01-20-2012, 1:40 PM
Hey thankyou for the input. I went to the website, but you must posess a ffl other than an 03. I currently only have an 03. maybe a local gun shop could sponser me to get a long on?

That site is very specific towards dealers and manufacturers and there is not much content related to collectors anyhow. There are a lot of other resources related to 03 FFLs and in my opinion the Calguns C&R forum is one of the better ones.

beyaaah
01-21-2012, 8:30 PM
Anyone with a 07 FFL in Ca give an idea of cost annually to have your 07? Besides the BATF fee. I have heard conflicting fees that the state tacs on every year.

Thanks

eletrickill
01-28-2012, 12:05 PM
That site is very specific towards dealers and manufacturers and there is not much content related to collectors anyhow. There are a lot of other resources related to 03 FFLs and in my opinion the Calguns C&R forum is one of the better ones.

I understand That the website is for dealer and manufactures spacifically. I was just hoping to access the website and read what other ffls have to say. I intend on aquiring an 01 sometime in the future.

Thankyou again.