PDA

View Full Version : About to begin DROS process and my DL expired, am I screwed?!

JayTee_IsMe
01-14-2012, 9:08 AM
So I am going to begin my DROS, (or try to) on Monday and my DL expires tomorrow. I have the reciept that I renewed and I am just waiting for the new one in the mail whenever that comes.

PLUS my new one will have my new adress cause I just moved like last week so I have NO bills to this new adress, just my old one that is already on my license... Am I screwed? Or do you think they would let me use my old DL plus a bill with that adress and then my reciept for renewal?! I also have a Military CAC ID card as a 2nd form of ID.

bloodhawke83
01-14-2012, 9:15 AM
You have a car? Car register

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Munk
01-14-2012, 9:38 AM
You have a car? Car register

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

That's just residency, it's not ID, Though registration is one of the easiest things to have address changed. I think if you're a AAA member you can walk into the office and walk out with an updated registration (i'm unsure of cost.)

jonc
01-14-2012, 9:40 AM
:confused:

bohoki
01-14-2012, 10:03 AM
go get a ca id card asap

kemasa
01-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Wes is the one who really knows the ID issues, so hopefully he will respond.

Does the Military CAC ID have your photo on it?

You will need a government ID (CA ID, DL or Military ID) and you will need a government document with your current residence address.

See http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=327217

JayTee_IsMe
01-14-2012, 11:51 AM
My military ID does have my photo on it. But I figured since it didnt have my adress I would need two forms of proof of residence... I don't mind using my old adress till it gets changed and I have multiple bills in the same address.

tenpercentfirearms
01-15-2012, 2:41 PM
You must have a CA ID or DL to DROS a gun. You can use military ID with duty orders. I would have to research it further to see if you are okay to substitute your military ID with duty orders if you are a CA citizen/resident with ID/DL, that just happens to be expired.

I would just say make your and the gun dealer's life easier and just get your new ID/DL and then go in. The shop will probably let you go put the money down or pay for the firearm and then let you start your ten days when you get that new ID/DL in the mail.

JayTee_IsMe
01-15-2012, 10:01 PM
You must have a CA ID or DL to DROS a gun. You can use military ID with duty orders. I would have to research it further to see if you are okay to substitute your military ID with duty orders if you are a CA citizen/resident with ID/DL, that just happens to be expired.

I would just say make your and the gun dealer's life easier and just get your new ID/DL and then go in. The shop will probably let you go put the money down or pay for the firearm and then let you start your ten days when you get that new ID/DL in the mail.

Yeah i am just gonna have to wait. I got a dmv printout too cause my change of adress and no utils yet

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Dark Sky Solutions
01-16-2012, 8:06 AM
I just DROSed last week and I only used my Mil ID and a copy of my orders. He never asked to see my DL at all.

You are good to go with orders and a military ID.

JayTee_IsMe
01-16-2012, 8:11 AM
Eh, I am a reservist. No orders lol. Guess I am stuck waiting for the new one in the mail. I hope this doesn't hinder my Sac CCW apppointment on weds..

tenpercentfirearms
01-18-2012, 6:37 AM
Eh, I am a reservist. No orders lol. Guess I am stuck waiting for the new one in the mail. I hope this doesn't hinder my Sac CCW apppointment on weds..

Yeah as a reservist, you are stuck waiting. CA ID or DL or nothing. Sorry.

JayTee_IsMe
01-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Yeah im just waitinf for DMV to get my DL. This new id makes it take forever and a week!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk