PDA

View Full Version : Help on disassemble A2 buffer Tube from Lower

Viper49
03-17-2007, 1:52 PM
Try to disassemble A2 buffer tube from a Bushmaster lower and the buffer tube is tight on the lower. I try to heat the lower and it still wonít turn. Is the Bushmaster buffer tube loctite on the lower? Any help is very much appreciated. :)

ocabj
03-17-2007, 1:56 PM
Put the lower receiver in a bench vise using a magwell vise block. If I remember correctly, I was able to take A2 buffer tubes off using a strap wrench.

Technical Ted
03-17-2007, 2:15 PM
Find a sturdy padded dining room table chair. Set the lower on its side. with the receiver extension (buffer tube pointed off to the side. Sit on the receiver. Use a wrench to turn the receiver extension counter clockwise.

Been using that method on tight receiver extensions for nearly 26 years.

tiger222
03-17-2007, 2:45 PM
Find a sturdy padded dining room table chair. Set the lower on its side. with the receiver extension (buffer tube pointed off to the side. Sit on the receiver. Use a wrench to turn the receiver extension counter clockwise.

Been using that method on tight receiver extensions for nearly 26 years.

that's a great idea!!

also the AR15/M16 armorer's wrench has a specific cut out for the buffer tube end ~ otherwise a good crescent should do it :)

Socal858
03-17-2007, 9:17 PM
the butt vise!!

Viper49
03-18-2007, 7:14 AM
Thanks Technical Ted. I will try that out.
Is most A2 stock buffer tube are lloctite? Anyone

Technical Ted
03-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Thanks Technical Ted. I will try that out.
Is most A2 stock buffer tube are lloctite? Anyone
Generally no Loctite. By the book, molybdenum disulfide based anti-seize compound and 35-39 ft/lbs of torque is supposed to be used.