View Full Version : How did they say "pimp" in 1930?

01-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Yeah, you're going to blow your wig when you lay your peepers on this flivver. The butter and egg man drove this doing the rounds to his speakeasies, no doubt with a dish on his lap whispering sweet nothings in his ear. The motor is all eggs in coffee, and the body? Togged to the bricks. Look for yourself chum.

1931 Chevrolet Sedan Deluxe in 30 point condition. The only modifications have been made for safety, and are as period correct as possible. They include a pressurized oil system, billet axles, and seat belts. The motor was rebuilt with a brand new old-stock head less than 200 miles ago and is still breaking in. Complete with an overdrive, the Chevrolet will do 65mph all day long. The interior is all original and correct in chocolate mohair, complete with the waterfall seats. Built for the Great Race but never used, this is a two owner car, built in Oakland, CA in September, and sold in Santa Maria in October of that year.
Before it goes to Hemmings for more, I'm offering it here for $27k. Yes. I said only twenty-seven thou. You will never find one in this condition for this price again. Ever. Located in San Luis Obispo, cute blond kid not included.

01-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Nice Ride...

BTW.... P I M P EDIT: NVM you caught it. =]

01-13-2012, 1:51 PM
this is gorgeous, best of luck finding a good home for it!

Joe Register
01-13-2012, 3:18 PM
Wow. I know you are not supposed to put in non-"I will take it" comments but that is a beautiful car.

01-13-2012, 3:20 PM
Wow. I know you are not supposed to put in non-"I will take it" comments but that is a beautiful car.

Rules are rules... but this also is not a used 76 Pinto. I am more of a 60's Import guy myself.

01-13-2012, 5:12 PM
Very cool!