PDA

View Full Version : Does Turners do layaways on consignment guns?

Annex138
01-12-2012, 9:53 PM
I found a hand gun at turners that is on cosignment. The problem is I just picked up a s&w 22a today and I have to wait another 20 days before I can start dros on another hand gun. Will turners let me put it on layaway for 20 days or do they only do layaway on new guns?

dshortone
01-13-2012, 8:46 AM
Consignments are exempt from the one per 30 rule.

Joey_H
01-13-2012, 9:20 AM
Consignment handgun sales are really private party transfers, and private party transfers are exempt from the one a month rule.

Annex138
01-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I just got back from turners. I payed for a beretta neos inox 4.5" for $250 OTD. I have been looking for one for a while and with them being off roster I gave up looking and got a s&w 22a instead. When I went yesterday to pick up my 22a from the rancho turners they had the cosign neos so I had to get it. The gun looks unfired. Atleast I have something new to shoot while I wait another 10 days for my new toy to get out of jail.

Joey_H
01-13-2012, 3:17 PM
You're very welcome! Coincidentally I bought a Neos that was on consignment in the old Turner's on Hawthorne Blvd a few years ago. It's a nice peashooter!! :)

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-20-2012, 9:38 AM
I found a hand gun at turners that is on cosignment. The problem is I just picked up a s&w 22a today and I have to wait another 20 days before I can start dros on another hand gun. Will turners let me put it on layaway for 20 days or do they only do layaway on new guns?

Consignments are exempt from the one per 30 rule.

Consignment handgun sales are really private party transfers, and private party transfers are exempt from the one a month rule.

Yep, what they said; thanks for the assist guys!