PDA

View Full Version : 10 round 30 magazine

dicast
03-17-2007, 1:03 AM
as a few of us aware that tenpercent and cold war are out of 10/30 mag. I so happen to have a few 30 round mag that sadly i can't use it on my OLL. I was wonder if i could modify ( cut the spring and weld a piece of metal inside the mag to hold just ten round) any legal issue on this? and no it won't be about to reverse.

ghost
03-17-2007, 1:06 AM
as a few of us aware that tenpercent and cold war are out of 10/30 mag. I so happen to have a few 30 round mag that sadly i can't use it on my OLL. I was wonder if i could modify ( cut the spring and weld a piece of metal inside the mag to hold just ten round) any legal issue on this? and no it won't be about to reverse.

why cant you use it?

Jicko
03-17-2007, 1:11 AM
You CAN use 30 rounds magazine with OLL.... as long as you do a GRIPLESS (non-evil) build.... ie. MMG(Monsterman Grip) or U15 stock...

Personally, I prefer MMG.... since it is cheaper.... and it doesn't look as strange looking as the U15 stock...

If I were u, I WILL NOT *permanently* modify my perfectly good 30-rounders to make it take only 10 rounds.... you can better off wait for the 10/30 rounders... and if you NEED a magazine right at this moment, go get a Bushmaster 10/20 rounders instead....

dicast
03-17-2007, 1:26 AM
Because of my status i could easily get any "high cap" but i want my OLL with "evil" features that's why i'm willing to mess with a perfectly good 30 rounder.

DedEye
03-17-2007, 1:44 AM
Because of my status i could easily get any "high cap" but i want my OLL with "evil" features that's why i'm willing to mess with a perfectly good 30 rounder.

DON'T!

Build two OLLs, one with evil features, and another without for your existing 30 rounders. You can always get more OLLs, you can't always get more 30 rounders.

tenpercentfirearms
03-17-2007, 6:57 AM
Get a bushmaster to tide you over. Custom mag jobs could be legally dangerous. We might get some more some day. If C Products ever gets their gear together.

I think the Stag cheap o mag days have come to an end. I think they had a few laying around, sold them for $16, so Chris sold them for $18 and now they are all gone. Now Stag is having a hard time getting more from C Products because they are so busy, so we are all on hold.