PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Cali FFL's!! Home based and B&M!

NewFrontierArmory
01-12-2012, 4:29 PM
If you do a quick search "newfrontierarmory" We're getting hammered with people asking which dealers will have the new polymer LW-15 AR lower in stock at the end of this month when we release them.

Especially a big push in SoCal. I know Parallax Tactical has contacted us already and set up their account, and a few home based guys also, but for the rest of you:

Go to: www.LW15.com and take 30 seconds to fill out the dealer app. We'll send you out an info pack within 12 hours or less with dealer packages, prices, product specs, and profit margins that you'll love!!

Thanks!

tenpercentfirearms
01-12-2012, 10:32 PM
I hate these polymer lowers, but someone will want to buy them. App submitted.

EBR Works
01-12-2012, 10:48 PM
App submitted.

NewFrontierArmory
01-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Dealer Pack e-mailed out to both.

NewFrontierArmory
01-12-2012, 10:53 PM
I hate these polymer lowers, but someone will want to buy them. App submitted.

Actually, between the couple of brands actively selling them still, over 4K are sold per month on average, so people are definitely buying them.

I understand where you're coming from, I have many guns in our retail store, that I personally don't like, but its the customers that rule our inventory selections!

Give it a chance, I think you'll be surprised. We've done a lot in regards to upgrading the parts and assembly process and the retail price is definitely right! And with a lifetime warranty on mfg defects there's nothing to lose!

We also made sure our dealers have MUCH better margins than anything comparable on the market.

On top of that we'll have an active dealer locator on our website to draw in more local sales.

shark92651
01-12-2012, 11:25 PM
How much would local gun stores sell these for? From just looking at it on the surface, I can't see how we could make it worth our while to sell these for $99.00. With all the cost involved in selling a firearm in California (regulations, paperwork, storage, disposition, etc...), you can't stay in business selling a firearm for about as much markup as you have on a pistol grip or a sling mount, unless it is a loss leader. Also, I am concerned that the type of customer that would buy this, let's call them a "frugal" customer, would not be buying the upper and other accessories to go with it from the LGS, but instead is the type that shops the internet for the absolute lowest prices. So in the end, I feel the LGS will do all the work for little or no profit, or even at a loss. Thoughts?

NewFrontierArmory
01-12-2012, 11:33 PM
I understand you guys have much more paperwork and hassle for over the counter sales in Cali than we do here in NV. I'm definitely not an expert on it though.

I'm not sure what your normal markup or profit margin is on guns, but I'm sure because of all the BS you guys have to deal with, its higher than most states, and I also assume thats why Cali gun owners by a ton out of state online, and I'll also assume thats the reason Cali transfer fees when they do are 3 - 5 times the avg across the US.

Since this is a public forum, I won't get too much into margins and what not. (Search the web for FFL Only forum if you're not already on there.) but....I can say that at least what I've heard from other dealers and what I see in NV locally, the dealer margins on these are 3 times higher than most guns.

Its one of those things that might make itself worth it in volume? Maybe you install the BB on them and make up a little bit there?

I'd love to hear your input because we get tons of requests for you (Riflegear) specifically to carry this product, and we send a lot of transfer business your way, so you must be doing some great things there and we'd like to earn your business. Have you seen the dealer info pack yet?

My suggestion would be to carry them (of course) and also offer some "cost effective" upper alternatives in store for the budget minded customers.

Let us know what we can do to help, and I'd be more than happy to meet up and talk to you next week at SHOT or offline via phone or e-mail.

theduece
01-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Don't bet on it shark. I'm not an ffl but a customer who purchased a similiar product as this. The only reason I didn't purchase the upper at that brick and mortar was due to the fact they had 0 in stock. And when asked about ordering one for me they actually referred me to order online. I bought a total of 3 different guns that day from them. I was actually shocked they really had no want to order it.

Btw it worked out in your favor as I then drove up the street to you and bought my uppers

just an outsiders view take it for what it's worth.

NewFrontierArmory
01-12-2012, 11:39 PM
I feel the LGS will do all the work for little or no profit, or even at a loss. Thoughts?

One thing I forgot to address.

What if I told you that when I sell it to you in volume as a dealer, you make 4 times the profit that I do on the firearm?

Believe me, I would love to sell more retail and ship them to your store as transfers all day because I can make 4 times what I make selling them straight to you, I just want to keep the customers happy that want to get them in their hands and check them out before they buy.

theduece
01-12-2012, 11:41 PM
O and to add, the upper I bought was in the $900 range, so ou may be pleasantly surprised. Also once I was in your doors I bought some mags, sights, as well as a few other misc. items.

I also beleive you guys are doing a few things right, never had a bad experience in the store and I will continue to shop there.

Btw toss some 80% in your cases as well. Just a thought.....

tenpercentfirearms
01-13-2012, 6:52 AM
How much would local gun stores sell these for? From just looking at it on the surface, I can't see how we could make it worth our while to sell these for $99.00. With all the cost involved in selling a firearm in California (regulations, paperwork, storage, disposition, etc...), you can't stay in business selling a firearm for about as much markup as you have on a pistol grip or a sling mount, unless it is a loss leader. Also, I am concerned that the type of customer that would buy this, let's call them a "frugal" customer, would not be buying the upper and other accessories to go with it from the LGS, but instead is the type that shops the internet for the absolute lowest prices. So in the end, I feel the LGS will do all the work for little or no profit, or even at a loss. Thoughts?

Another thought is you can always make them $124. If a customer says, "Well they retail for $99, gouger!" Tell him to go ahead and order one online and tell him your transfer fee. Mine is $50. So if he wants to order it for $99 plus $10 shipping and then pay the $50, that is cool.

Anyone want to split a 100 of them?

Also, are they a mil-spec or commercial tube? Even though the lower is complete, you can still sell them a new buttstock, a new grip, a bad lever. Also that pricing was without a Bullet Button correct? I will probably just install my own.

NewFrontierArmory
01-13-2012, 8:05 AM
Exactly!

Yes, the prices on your dealer packet do not include a BB because I figure you guys can make the money off that on top of it.

Commercial Buffer Tube.

PolishMike
01-13-2012, 8:22 AM
Ehh,

I will transfer them if someone really wants them.