PDA

View Full Version : Navy Master at Arms Count as LEO in CA

Revulshawn
01-12-2012, 4:17 PM
I work at a firearm retailer, and was presented with an interesting question today. Would a Navy Master at Arms with 9545 training count as an LEO regarding waiving the 10 day wait, HSC, and High Cap mags? Thanks for any help.

winnre
01-12-2012, 4:21 PM
I work at a firearm retailer, and was presented with an interesting question today. Would a Navy Master at Arms with 9545 training count as an LEO regarding waiving the 10 day wait, HSC, and High Cap mags? Thanks for any help.

Nope. I hold the Army MOS of MP and that isn't enough either.

Tacit Blue
01-12-2012, 4:34 PM

I heard that Army MP School is now fully federally accredited LE training. I don't think their status is recognized as Federal officers though.

Even regular Police Officers and Sheriff's aren't exempt from the 10 day wait, without a letterhead from the agency. So that presents another issue if it it arises...

"a. California law enforcement officers are exempt from the waiting period if they have a letter signed by the head of the agency or commanding officer, stating they are full time paid peace officers authorized to carry a firearm in the performance of their duties and authorizing the purchase. The dealer must retain the original letter and attach it to the DROS record. "

PC section 12078

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dlrfaqs.php#21G

http://www.fleta.gov/news/press-releases/u.s.-army-military-police-school-and-civilian-police-academy-accredited/

nick
01-12-2012, 5:53 PM

MPs suck :p

socalblue
01-12-2012, 6:03 PM
No, doesn't qualify in any way except the X21 HSC exemption for active duty military.

winnre
01-12-2012, 9:48 PM
No, doesn't qualify in any way except the X21 HSC exemption for active duty military.

Active reserves and retired are exempt too, but not IRR or former military. Weird.