View Full Version : Centralized list intial inspection

01-12-2012, 6:32 AM
I understand that the DOJ will be coming out to our shop for our inspection for this final permit?

Is this true and if so, what will they be looking for/need? Other than security, safes, ect? They had said on the phone they would be willing to do "training" as well?

I like to be prepared for this, as I was for the ATF so it goes as smoothly as possible.

What should I be ready for if anything?

01-12-2012, 8:53 AM
This is the first I have heard of this. The DOJ came and saw me within a month, but that was to intimidate me because I was in the OLL game. I never had a real DOJ audit for like 5 years.

01-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Make sure that you have all the required signs of required size of the characters (1", as I recall). Make sure that you have storage which meets the requirements. Make sure that you have all the required permits and that everything that needs to be posted, is posted.

I doubt that it is any big deal, just a typical inspection, but I have not heard of them doing it in advance before.

01-12-2012, 7:56 PM
Kemasa has it right. Just a basic inspection of your building and compliance audit. They will make sure all of your storage of the firearms is done in accordance with the code. Check you posters, the RK Ent. set is easy and cheap enough. My inspection was a month or two after we got the license so they also reviewed an transactions we had completed up to that point. By training, it is pretty much just going over all the processes and forms you may or may not be familiar with. It is actually a pretty good opp. to ask any questions that you might have.

01-12-2012, 8:51 PM
Great, thank you. All of our signs are up, 1" or bigger, security requirements exceed and all permits except the CFD are done and handled.