PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Sports in Modesto, A+++

brighamr
03-16-2007, 6:50 PM
I went into Ronning Arms to buy a handgun last week, big mistake. Basically, because I don't know everything about pistols they treated me as if I've never shot anything in my life. I've been hunting with rifles for years and shot several pistols, but never owned one.

Today I went to Sierra Sports off of Carpenter. Not only did they have a wide selection of pistols, the guy behind the counter was awesome. He actually answered the questions I had, clarified a few things about different models and dissasembled several pistols to show me their quality and construction! Needless to say, I am now an owner of a Springfield XD 9mm.

A side note: when I got home I compared the price of the brand new XD I bought to several used ones on gunbroker. After shipping, FFL, handgun safety certificate (which you can test for in store) and accessories I ended up saving about $55 on a NEW pistol. I just can't express how happy I am to finally have a good shop to go to that will treat me right and has good prices.

This post is just an FYI for anyone else in Modesto that can't find a good shop, it took me a while but now I know where to go for all my firearm needs.

bwiese
03-16-2007, 6:53 PM
They get my sympathy for a real nasty run-in w/DOJ. I believe it generated an Inspection ("IA") complaint on Iggy.

G17GUY
03-16-2007, 8:44 PM
Is that where he had his neglectful discharge?