PDA

View Full Version : HOLY RCVR SALE......80 Shipped

PIRATE14
03-11-2007, 10:56 PM
We have some hole-y receivers Made by LAR...

$80 - Shipped...

These are lightning cut....skeletonized.....ya that's it..........

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o172/wegoclan/IMG_4522-1.jpg

PIRATE14
03-14-2007, 3:03 PM
Only have the UN-FLUTED model left.......

Well.......the make the rcvr higher for optics.....so.....I guess you could use a set of regualr rings

PIRATE14
03-15-2007, 3:46 PM
LR-308 are all gone at the moment...THX:)

We still have stripped FULTONS in stock......

STBY for some ST. Patricks day specials.........:D

PIRATE14
03-15-2007, 8:20 PM
Here’s another one to help you stock up on the Green Elixir this weekend.....

Okay the rifle isn't really green but.........you'll save some.....

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o172/wegoclan/AES-10.jpg

AES-10 Hi-Cap Semi-Auto Rifle with RPK Style Stock and Bipod, Cal. 7.62x39mm*
BRAND-NEW Introducing the new Century Arms new AES-10 rifle. From the bipod to the buttstock this RPK styled gem is already making a big splash in the shooting industry! The AES-10 Hi-Cap Semi-Auto Rifle with RPK Style Stock and Bipod, Cal. 7.62x39mm* BRAND-NEW Introducing the new Century Arms new AES-10 rifle. From the bipod to the buttstock this RPK styled gem is already making a big splash in the shooting industry! The AES-10 is fitted with aside mounted scope mount, an integral carry handle, and accepts standard double stacked 7.62x39mm AK type magazines. The AES-10 uses a standard AK-dimension front trunion and receiver. Barrel: 23 1/8", Overall: 41 1/2".

MotoGuy
03-15-2007, 11:35 PM
:mad: But I wanted a green AES-10.

grammaton76
03-15-2007, 11:41 PM
:mad: But I wanted a green AES-10.

It's actually pretty easy to paint. Heck, if you really want one, I'll personally paint the wooden furniture OD Green for you. Just mention this post to CWS when you call in your order.

Steyr_223
03-16-2007, 6:55 AM
Says $589.99 on the CWS site. What up with that?

S

69Mach1
03-16-2007, 7:14 AM
That's the St. Patrick's Day sale price. Lowest I've seen for that model. Pirate, that's a stock photo, could you tell us where the bipod is actually mounted, if it comes with an RPK length cleaning rod, and if the barrel is threaded. Thanks.

K9paulc
03-16-2007, 7:21 AM
DAMN!!!

My wife literally ordered one of these for me two days ago as an Anniversary gift, and let me tell you she didn't get the "Green" pricing, she paid the price listed on the web-site. If only we would have waited until Friday to order....boo-hoo!!!

Hey Hector, any way to get pro-rated pricing for St. Pat's day since we missed the sale by a few days, or am I gonna have to buy another at this price???

Just my luck.

battlehatch
03-16-2007, 7:23 AM
I have a green AK... green furniture that is... I think that's what keeps people from pinching me.

PIRATE14
03-16-2007, 7:41 AM
DAMN!!!

My wife literally ordered one of these for me two days ago as an Anniversary gift, and let me tell you she didn't get the "Green" pricing, she paid the price listed on the web-site. If only we would have waited until Friday to order....boo-hoo!!!

Hey Hector, any way to get pro-rated pricing for St. Pat's day since we missed the sale by a few days, or am I gonna have to buy another at this price???

Just my luck.

Obviously......you are not lucky......but luckily you have friends like CWS.....ya we can toss in another one and you can get both at the special price....

PIRATE14
03-16-2007, 7:45 AM
That's the St. Patrick's Day sale price. Lowest I've seen for that model. Pirate, that's a stock photo, could you tell us where the bipod is actually mounted, if it comes with an RPK length cleaning rod, and if the barrel is threaded. Thanks.

bipod is back where the gas sytem is......the cleaning rod is looooong

K9paulc
03-16-2007, 7:56 AM
Phone call incoming. I'll get my secretary....'err I mean my lovely wife working on another order.

PIRATE14
03-16-2007, 8:03 AM
Phone call incoming. I'll get my secretary....'err I mean my lovely wife working on another order.

She's good......deal is done..........:D

K9paulc
03-16-2007, 8:15 AM
HUGE Thank you to you guys over there, Hector is "THE MAN"!!!

Now if I could only convince her that I need an STG-2000 too....lol.

CALI-gula
03-16-2007, 10:12 AM

Saw you answered on the bipod is mounted at the gas system and has a long rod ( hee hee - "long rod" ), but....

Does it have the threaded muzzle? It would be nice to have a muzzle brake on the long barrel. If not threaded, I might get one. If threaded, I am imbibing in two. I would get three, but that would mean a whole lot less green beer for the weekend.

PIRATE14
03-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Saw you answered on the bipod is mounted at the gas system and has a long rod ( hee hee - "long rod" ), but....

Does it have the threaded muzzle? It would be nice to have a muzzle brake on the long barrel. If not threaded, I might get one. If threaded, I am imbibing in two. I would get three, but that would mean a whole lot less green beer for the weekend.

Not Threaded....;)

PIRATE14
03-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Since this guy is a SAINT and HOLY..........

We got a few of these HOLEY receivers.......

They are made by LAR and have holes on the sides:eek:

soopafly
03-16-2007, 1:42 PM
This is a good deal...when I bought one back at the beginning of the off-list craze, I paid about $800 when all was said and done. Plus I did a lot of legwork making calls and emails talking to different out of state vendors trying to convince someone, ANYONE, that these were legal in CA with minor modification. Man, you guys have it easy these days...click and ship...done deal.

grammaton76
03-16-2007, 2:26 PM

It's threaded, but tack welded on.

If you were to take a dremel to the tack weld, you could break it and then it'd function as a normal threaded barrel. I believe it's a 922(r) part count thing - if they weld on the muzzle attachment, it's not a muzzle attachment. :)

So, if you take your dremel to it and break the tack weld, just remove that muzzle extension and only replace it with a US-made extension.

PIRATE14
03-17-2007, 8:15 AM
Ya these are skeletonized rcvrs........that's it....:D

Lightning cut.....cool

Technical Ted
03-17-2007, 8:20 AM
That's LIGHTENING, as in "to lighten", or make lighter. Not lightning, as in electrical discharge.

PIRATE14
03-18-2007, 10:01 AM
That's LIGHTENING, as in "to lighten", or make lighter. Not lightning, as in electrical discharge.

No they actually used ligthning to cut them.....that's what makes them so cool....:p

Boomer1961
03-18-2007, 12:00 PM

Man, I can't believe we made it to almost the end of the third page of this thread without a spell checker post.

Either everyone at this forum is spelling better than the average internet forum poster or Saint Patty has dulled the senses of all the spell checkers this weekend.

Either way making it to almost the end of page three is rather cool, and certainly a most notable item!:D

On topic question, I am still missing the purpose of those lightning bolt cuts on the mag well, what did you say they were for....??????

SemiAutoSam
03-18-2007, 12:23 PM
According to the FFL I bought 30 of these from the cuts were made to take out the information of who originally ordered the receivers.

The story goes that they placed a deposit and could not come up with the final payment so LAR cut out the spots where the information was and remarked them to sell in this configuration.

And yet another tale is the cuts are so you can use a clear polimer mag and see how many rounds you have left.

Socal858
03-18-2007, 12:47 PM
I bought 30 of these

im going to faint

swhatb
03-18-2007, 9:45 PM
Since this guy is a SAINT and HOLY..........

We got a few of these HOLEY receivers.......

They are made by LAR and have holes on the sides:eek:

since they are HOLEY, is the receiver weakened by the skeletonization :confused: will they hold up to the torture test of the none HOLEY receivers :p looking to get one, but...

PIRATE14
03-19-2007, 6:26 AM
since they are HOLEY, is the receiver weakened by the skeletonization :confused: will they hold up to the torture test of the none HOLEY receivers :p looking to get one, but...

They'll hold up just fine......if you've ever tried to destroy a 7075T6 reciver.....they are tough...:D

Fjold
03-19-2007, 7:47 AM
No they actually used ligthning to cut them.....that's what makes them so cool....:p

That would be "lightning" not "ligthning". :D

Cutting them with lightning? Wouldn't that be Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM)? :rolleyes:

PistolPete75
03-19-2007, 3:17 PM
thanks, just ordered one.

SemiAutoSam
03-19-2007, 3:27 PM
I just met my 30 receivers which are just like the ones Pirate has for sale and All I can say is they are very nice.

SO buy with Pirate with confidence.

I guess I need some barrels and LPK's now.

Pirate we need to talk.

1hotshooter
03-19-2007, 8:31 PM
That would be "lightning" not "ligthning". :D

Cutting them with lightning? Wouldn't that be Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM)? :rolleyes:

YA YA that's it EDM..........;)

PistolPete75
03-20-2007, 8:50 AM
question for Pirate. Why is metroshot not accepting the shipment? I thought calguns was a community of shooters and or course vendors that work together to support the freedom of gun ownership.

PistolPete75
03-20-2007, 9:04 AM
see from my perspective, i was a calgunner before going to metroshot, cold war shooters, landworld, james, etc. i'm doing business with all of them. it's not like metro shot is losing business from the "internet," metroshot, cold war, etc are gaining from calguns! i wouldn't have even got into guns if it wasn't for calguns! just my two cents...i'm a little rattled this morning...trying to quit smoking..hehee

Kestryll
03-20-2007, 5:30 PM
Think of it this way Pete, you sell apples and you pay for them in advance on the hopes of selling them, you have to have them in stock in case someone wants an apple.
Every day you go to the docks and buy apples.
Sam want's some apples, but he hears that Kestryll sells apples for 15% less then you do but will only ship them to the dock.
Sam knows you go to the dock every day and while he doesn't want to pay your price for apples, he can get it cheaper elsewhere, he asks you to pick up his apples while you're there. He'll pay a bit for the gas but it's a fair bit less than then you'd make selling him your apples.

Would you tell him no in hopes that he would buy your apples because while they are a bit more they are right here and available?

Or would you tell him yes, figuring that the little bit of guaranteed income is better than the possible more income later?
Take in to account two things. Number one, you're in business to sell apples, this is how you feed your family. And number two if word gets around that you will do this for little profit, how long is it until you are just trucking someone else's apples for half the profit as you were making selling your own apples?

Looked at from that perspective it makes sense why an FFL would not want to transfer in a rifle he had on the shelf already.

SemiAutoSam
03-20-2007, 5:34 PM
Actually at the moment I'm in the mood for a nice peach. so both of you are out of luck. LOL

Truckers make good money last time I looked. :D

Think of it this way Pete, you sell apples and you pay for them in advance on the hopes of selling them, you have to have them in stock in case someone wants an apple.
Every day you go to the docks and buy apples.
Sam want's some apples, but he hears that Kestryll sells apples for 15% less then you do but will only ship them to the dock.
Sam knows you go to the dock every day and while he doesn't want to pay your price for apples, he can get it cheaper elsewhere, he asks you to pick up his apples while you're there. He'll pay a bit for the gas but it's a fair bit less than then you'd make selling him your apples.

Would you tell him no in hopes that he would buy your apples because while they are a bit more they are right here and available?

Or would you tell him yes, figuring that the little bit of guaranteed income is better than the possible more income later?
Take in to account two things. Number one, you're in business to sell apples, this is how you feed your family. And number two if word gets around that you will do this for little profit, how long is it until you are just trucking someone else's apples for half the profit as you were making selling your own apples?

Looked at from that perspective it makes sense why an FFL would not want to transfer in a rifle he had on the shelf already.

PistolPete75
03-20-2007, 5:42 PM
no worries, i don't want to cause issues. i just got it rerouted to james. i'm still a happy camper.

PistolPete75
03-20-2007, 6:13 PM
simply stated, ordered lar reciever from CWS and requested metroshot for the ffl. me doing several transactions with metroshot before, i thought i would have no issues. i have done ppts, purchased oll, and sent a buddy's oll to metroshot from Chris @ Lanworldinc. I recieved email from CWS that metroshot would not accept my lower. I never asked Metroshot if they would accept my reciever. It was my assumption which I will never assume again. Pat never suggested to buy his lower. I decided for myself to send it to James since he was kind enough to do the transfer for me. CWS simply has the best price on this lower, and James is hassle free to do the transfer...that's all folks!

1hotshooter
03-20-2007, 8:39 PM
Every dealer in or out of state has reasons for running their business the way they want to...transfers are the same way....

Some will and some won't ... some did and now some don't....

As long as the products are being received ... and transferred in a smooth manner...the end result is a happy customer with the disease to spread

;)