PDA

View Full Version : DPMS/Superior Arms Lower

JesseXXX
03-16-2007, 7:39 AM
I just put together my first lower, man, it was fun but scary.... I followed the instructions from AR15.com (and some advice from the great people here on Calguns:) ).... I used a DPMS kit and a Superior Arms lower... I'm happy with the results.... I bought a punch set which does help....
I want my AR to look super old school.... (triangle front grips and all)....:)

I will post pics soon....

TheMan
03-16-2007, 7:52 AM
I just put together my first lower, man, it was fun but scary.... I followed the instructions from AR15.com (and some advice from the great people here on Calguns:) ).... I used a DPMS kit and a Superior Arms lower... I'm happy with the results.... I bought a punch set which does help....
I want my AR to look super old school.... (triangle front grips and all)....:)

I will post pics soon....

I like the old school look as well. Are you planning on doing this with a 20" rifle? You can occasionally find upper halfs with A1 style sights and triangle handguards on the equipment exchange at arfcom for a reasonable price. I put one together on a Superior Arms lower, with a custom logo on it.

The one thing I am still trying to find for mine is a muzzle attachment that looks like the old school 3 prong flash hiders, but isn't a flash hider.

JesseXXX
03-16-2007, 8:24 AM
Cool.....You have images buddy....? I've seen some uppers with the front having the triangular "holder" (I think DPMS are like this)... would that feet the old school triangular grips....?

TheMan
03-16-2007, 8:39 AM
I can't access the pics at work, I will try to upload some later this weekend.

gn3hz3ku1*
03-16-2007, 10:37 AM
there is always a bit of stress on ur first build when you shoot it for the first time

TheMan
03-18-2007, 9:06 PM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/bradrs/AR/S_C7Superior.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/bradrs/AR/S_DSC00924.jpg

I purchased the upper from the EE on ARFCOM. It has the A1 style sights, with forward assist and brass deflector. I put an A1 style stock on it. The Superior Arms lower receiver was custom ordered with that logo on it.

Now all it needs is the latest version of the Monsterman grip.

JesseXXX
03-18-2007, 9:30 PM
That looks DOPE!!

I just ordered the butt stock, front grips and pistol grip, all old school... form Sarco.....I'm going to go hunt an upper now.... I was told the DPMS upper 20in with triangle front "holder" will work purfectly... (lets hope so).... seeing those rear sites brings back memorys !!

Keep an eye out for an upper like yours!! :)