PDA

View Full Version : Class 7 FFL Listing (San Diego)

ReneR
01-10-2012, 4:34 PM
I'm trying to find a listing of Class 7 FFLs here in San Diego. I'm attempting to purchase a Sub2000 online, but want to line up a class 7 FFL so that they can modify the rifle to be CA compliant.

Some FFLs I have contacted here in San Diego (I'm assuming not class 7) have said that I would either have to have the seller install the bullet button or send it to them in pieces and they would then assemble and install the bullet button.

It's either that or I wait and hope for DDs to have another batch of CA compliant Sub2000s available soon.

Any suggestions of previous FFLs you have used would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and please correct me if I am wrong in needing a class 7 FFL to handle this transfer.

john.t.singh
01-10-2012, 5:01 PM
i know parallax was trying to get their class 7, give em a call and check. I'm also curious as I've been wanting a sub2k in g17 for a long long time

TheExpertish
01-10-2012, 5:06 PM
I would give DAS in Solana Beach a call.

EBR Works
01-10-2012, 5:48 PM
Just an 07 FFL is not sufficient to accept firearms in a configuration that would be considered an AW. They would also need a California Dangerous Weapons Permit to perform this service legally. There is no listing of dealers with a DWP. You'll have to call them and ask.

TheExpertish
01-10-2012, 7:20 PM
Just an 07 FFL is not sufficient to accept firearms in a configuration that would be considered an AW. They would also need a California Dangerous Weapons Permit to perform this service legally. There is no listing of dealers with a DWP. You'll have to call them and ask.
DAS does have a DWP. I should have clarified.

efillc
01-11-2012, 5:46 AM
The ATF maintains a list of all FFL's at http://www.atf.gov/about/foia/ffl-list.html. The FFL type is in column 4, phone # is on the far right so you can call and ask about the DWP.

Direct Action Solutions
01-11-2012, 8:10 PM
We have no problem getting that firearm for you and making in Cali legal. If you are able to find one, give us a shout at 858-436-7088. Glad to help.

ReneR
01-11-2012, 8:20 PM
We have no problem getting that firearm for you and making in Cali legal. If you are able to find one, give us a shout at 858-436-7088. Glad to help.

Thanks. I actually called today on the recommendation of gadsdenarmory. Now it's just a matter of finding this "unicorn" rifle.