View Full Version : quick 1911 holster question

03-15-2007, 10:14 PM
So I bought my second pistol today. I'd been wanting to buy a 9mm, .45 was/is killing my wallet. And I just happened to run into a used Colt 1991A1 in 9mm! So of course the two holsters I have for my SA1911 will work for the Colt as well. I'm just curious if my mag holster will work as well? I guess I could just wait and find out tomorrow when I go shoot it, but I'd rather bug you guys and put an end to my curiosity. I'm sure it will be very close if not a good fit, but I wasn't sure if the mag dimensions were exactly the same?

03-16-2007, 1:48 PM
I just bought a Springfield 1911 9mm. I too was curious about the fit of the mags in a standard 1911 mag carrier. I checked mine, and they fit just fine. I have kydex mag carriers for IDPA, so there is a tension adjustable screw. However, I didn't have to modify the screw tension at all, and the mags were retained perfectly.

03-16-2007, 8:19 PM
Yeah I checked em today in my Milt Sparks leather and they fit well. A little tight actually, but it's tight on the .45 mags too, its a pretty new holster. Thanks for the reply. :)