View Full Version : Glock threaded barrels

03-15-2007, 9:21 PM
Hello all,

Does anyone know if any of the aftermarket barrel makers for the Glock pistols make a barrel with a 9/16 x 32 tpi thread pattern? I would like to get a Caspian stainless slide and a Novak Handgunner Outlet's Decelerator 4 port comp to turn my G35 into an Open gun but am unable to find a threaded barrel in that thread pattern... Most of what I can find are for 1/2 x 28 tpi, or some proprietary pattern.
Also if getting a barrel threaded is the only option, please recommend a good smith/shop. I have tried the KKM threaded barrel and comp combo and not really impressed (personal opinion). Thanks all!

03-15-2007, 9:23 PM
Threaded barrels are not legal on pistols in California and are classified as AWs.

12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.

03-15-2007, 9:34 PM
he could silver solder or pin the comp to the barrel as to permanantly affix the comp to the barrel, and cover the threads.

other than that, i dont know where to find that thread for the barrel.

03-15-2007, 11:17 PM
no soup for you!
check out glock jockey you can send them your slide and they'll in stall their "cali version" which fixes the comp onto the barrel.
but then you cant remove the barrel.

03-15-2007, 11:21 PM
Probably not a good idea to advertise committing a felony.

Threaded bbls are illegal on semiauto pistols as they become assault weapons with them installed.

03-16-2007, 12:21 AM
yep, threaded barrels makes the gun owner turn from a overzealous gun nut to baby-killing monster. It's true.

03-16-2007, 7:09 AM
Oops, I guess ported barrel is the way to go :D... Why would people get the fixed comp so they can't remove the barrel?

03-16-2007, 9:53 AM
cause they want it. and have the money to not mind a barrel being fixed in one of their guns. Its really not that bad you and still bore clean the barrel and open the slid to clean the feed ramp.