PDA

View Full Version : Safe question - effectiveness?

gono
01-09-2012, 10:21 PM
I would like to hear stories from anyone with direct experience with burglary and/or home invasion and if your safe actually prevented the theft of your firearms.

Trying to determine how much having a safe helps. I know it's better than nothing but does it actually prevent theft. And how much difference is a $600 safe versus a $2000 safe

Safety1st
01-10-2012, 1:14 AM
Buy the best safe you can afford. Bolt it down, preferrably on two sides. Its also wise to be discreet. A safe is worthless if someone untrustworthy knows the combination or someone forces you to open it.

WWDHD?
01-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Some pics and stories of safes after break-in attacks and fires on the www.sturdysafe.com website. Lots of good general info there.

Saym14
01-10-2012, 11:03 AM
a safe is just one of many layers of security you should have. alarm, dog, locked gates and windows etc.

jukeboxx13
01-11-2012, 2:31 AM
im building my own safe..

XDRoX
01-11-2012, 6:32 AM
IMO any safe is useless without a good security system. No burglar is going to take the time to break into a quality safe with an alarm going off. They want to be in and out as quickly as possible.

It's very easy to install a top of the line security system yourself if you're a DIY kind of guy. I'd be happy to help anyone with questions on the subject, just PM me.

IMO my safes are there to keep my guns dry, rust free, and away from kids and fire. My security system is there to keep my guns away from criminals.

rplusplus
01-11-2012, 6:38 AM
IMO any safe is useless without a good security system. No burglar is going to take the time to break into a quality safe with an alarm going off. They want to be in and out as quickly as possible.

It's very easy to install a top of the line security system yourself if you're a DIY kind of guy. I'd be happy to help anyone with questions on the subject, just PM me.

IMO my safes are there to keep my guns dry, rust free, and away from kids and fire. My security system is there to keep my guns away from criminals.

^^^ This. Layers of security are in your favor. You don't need a $2k safe for 1 or 2 firearms and if you got an aresenal... no safe alone will keep out the determined.

sunwelding
01-19-2012, 1:59 PM
www.sunweldingsafes.com take a look at our full product line. Were having a Gun Show Sale right now $100-$200 off retail prices. Or call direct for pricing 805-584-6678.