PDA

View Full Version : 870 safety lock removal?

XDRoX
01-08-2012, 7:13 PM
I have an 870 with one of those J shaped locks on the safety button. It comes with a key that can be used to lock the gun.

Is there a way to remove the lock safety and replace it with another one without the lock. I'd prefer something the same size but open to suggestions.

Thanks

aippi
01-08-2012, 7:41 PM
Yes, there is a J-lock safety replacement kit on gun broker for $10.50. It is a factory new safety, a safety detent ball and safety detent spring. You have to replace those parts as the J-lock uses a plunger and different spring. Go to www.aiptactical.com and click on the How to videos and find the one on the Safety and you will see how to do this.

XDRoX
01-08-2012, 7:48 PM
Yes, there is a J-lock safety replacement kit on gun broker for $10.50. It is a factory new safety, a safety detent ball and safety detent spring. You have to replace those parts as the J-lock uses a plunger and different spring. Go to www.aiptactical.com and click on the How to videos and find the one on the Safety and you will see how to do this.

Thanks a million. I was just doing searches and couldn't find anything but saw lots of posts by you and was hoping you'd respond.

Again thanks.