View Full Version : Turners: reseda RANT 1/7/12

01-08-2012, 4:46 PM
Positive rant :)

I've been disappointed in your customer service in the past, and have completely written off Turner's due to my previous experience. However, I had no choice this Sat. but to shop your store b/c of a buddy of mine wanted to purchase a firearm. I tried to talk him out of it, but we had time to kill, so I wrote off my entire afternoon, and prepare for the worst.

Well, I was pleasantly suprised. I was approached and someone offered to help me within seconds of entering the store. I told them my buddy wanted to buy a handgun, so they directed him to wait, and I asked them about handgun safety cert just because I have been putting it off for months.... Sales guy said I can do it right now if I wanted to, no waiting for actual testing. So, buddy was able to start paperwork on his purchase, and I got my HSG certification and we were out of there in 30 min. or so.

Yeah, you guys are busy still, and the number system still sucks, but this time around, customer service actually acknowledged us, and was actually helpful when they did (meaning if your staff had not approached us, we probably would have been their longer than necessary, and I wouldn't have done my HSC cert, and my buddy would have walked out without buying anything). You guys rocked that day.

Keep up the good work, its good to know that I can depend on your store for good CS for future firearm purchases.

01-08-2012, 10:19 PM
That's good to hear. ;-)

I've been dreading every time I need to go to Reseda store, which I'll need to do again in a few days. Hopefully I'll have positive news to report then.

01-08-2012, 10:33 PM
I posted this in the other turners thread. Buy they stayed late to finish a dros on a recent transfer. Which was awesome as they are about an hour at the least for both parties. I promised them I would spend my tax return there, can't wait to get my lmt 308, and remmy 700, if only they sold acogs too!