PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy - Mini/Small Mill - Updated with details.

Intimid8tor
01-08-2012, 2:18 PM
Th 80% lower momentum is building and that means a lot of us that need to be able to mill some smaller pieces.

I have benefited from several group buys so I thought I would gauge interest in a group buy for a mini-mill, perhaps with the basic tools needed to complete a lower (i.e. drills, end mills, vice, etc.)

2 options really come to mind.

1.) Little Machine Shop SX2.
2.) Grizzly X2 or X3 clone.

Update 01/02/2012.
Spoke with Chris at Littlemachineschop.com and here is our deal.

This will not be a group buy in the traditional sense as each person will order their own, but there are a couple ways to save money.

1st - Once we, as a group, order 10 machines or more, all orders will be discounted by $50 which is what they normally do for sales.
2nd - 3 machines can be shipped on one pallet, to one location for the same shipping cost. Shipping to a business address or terminal is $115 and shipping to a home is $175. Getting 3 individuals together will save each person 2/3 of the shipping cost as it will be split among the 3.
3rd - Any accessories, cutting tools, etc that are ordered at the same time will ship for free.

So, if 3 people order the 3960 mini-mill the savings will be approximately $85 on the low end, up to $110 on the higher side if no accessories are purchased. This equates to approximately 10% in savings on the total purchase price.

Process to order
1.) Post up here with your location and if you have a business address an order could be shipped to. I will build a master list in this post.
2.) When 3 people in a similar location see what to work together, PM me and I will update the list.
3.) Once we have 10 or more machines in groups, we pick a day and all place our order. In the comments section, write"calguns.net group purchase. Ship with XXXXXXXXXXX's order".
4.) Orders can be placed early, but you will be charged the normal price until we reach the 10 unit discount at which time you will be refunded the $50.

This deal is good for 30 days from today.

Received an email from Chris and this offer applies to all machines that LMS sell that are $500 or more.

707Electrician - Sonoma County - Possible bus address and forklift.
RazzB7 - San Diego - Bus address with forklift.
Peterabbits - Fresno - Bus address with forklift.
PTOguy2002 - Ontario - Bus address with forklift.
Rob474 - Pasadena - Bus address no forklift. Might be able to pick up for local purchases.
SVT-40 - East San Gabriel Valley
DR69er

We have a couple other maybes.

707electrician
01-08-2012, 2:34 PM
I would be interested but I don't see us getting a big discount at all. Have you inquired about this yet or is it just an idea?

I would love to buy a Bridgeport and be done with it but I like to be able to park in my garage

choprzrul
01-08-2012, 2:56 PM
Assuming that this is less about getting a discount and more about distributing the cost?

Would 'non-owners' be charged a fee for use and then the fees collected would be distributed to the owners?

What part of the state are you thinking of?

peterabbits
01-08-2012, 3:16 PM
As much as I would like to say I am interested....given circumstances I'll leave it instead as "intrigued". Tagged to see what comes of this.

notme92069
01-08-2012, 3:28 PM
Interested pending details

Intimid8tor
01-08-2012, 3:38 PM
I would be interested but I don't see us getting a big discount at all. Have you inquired about this yet or is it just an idea?

I would love to buy a Bridgeport and be done with it but I like to be able to park in my garage

Haven't researched it yet, but it shouldn't take too long to see if Grizzly or Chris are willing to do anything.

Assuming that this is less about getting a discount and more about distributing the cost?

Would 'non-owners' be charged a fee for use and then the fees collected would be distributed to the owners?

What part of the state are you thinking of?
This is really about getting a discount. What people do with their machines after is up to them.

I have thought about letting people use my machine and jigs for a fee after I get mine whether or not by group by. That would help me defray the cost, but it is not without risk. I am still undecided on that part of it for myself.

I'm in Sonoma County.

MountainShooter
01-08-2012, 3:59 PM
I have been looking at getting one from little machine shop. I would like to know what kind of discount we could get as a group.

itisagoodname
01-08-2012, 6:27 PM
That little machine shop mill looks pretty sweet. In for more info. Definitely want to finish at least 4 80% lowers so this would be worth it.

Alex$
01-08-2012, 7:46 PM
In for more info

aznwolf118
01-08-2012, 9:10 PM
pending price and what model

Tripper
01-08-2012, 9:19 PM
interested

h0use
01-08-2012, 9:31 PM
i have been doing 80% on a harbor freight 3 in 1 mill lathe drill. and they come out great its not a cnc but works well. got mine on sale for about 800$

justjeff
01-08-2012, 9:38 PM
Interested

Intimid8tor
01-08-2012, 9:54 PM
I will call Chris and Grizzly in the morning to see what can be done!

Roccobro
01-09-2012, 12:13 AM
If your not in a hurry just wait for the LMS HT mini mill to go on sale for $700 again. It is BY FAR the best X2 sized mill imported in the US now. You can call Chris and see if he would offer that price for any interested buyers. And his shipping within CA is reasonable.

But once you've used a mill even double the weight (250#) it is hard to do a lower on the little guy anymore.

Justin

savs2k
01-09-2012, 3:47 AM
i dont see a big discount or anything on mills but ill check in and see where this goes.

ptoguy2002
01-09-2012, 9:22 AM
Interested, just so long as we aren't talking harbor freight quality.
I've seen some of the mills they've got, and they look pretty rough.
I don't see them holding tolerances or a zero.
I don't know what this LMS mill is, but $700 for a small mill that will do AR lowers, and will hold tolerances is attractive to me.

ETA: and something that was upgradable to CNC would be plus.

Intimid8tor
01-09-2012, 9:30 AM
Interested, just so long as we aren't talking harbor freight quality.
I've seen some of the mills they've got, and they look pretty rough.
I don't see them holding tolerances or a zero.
I don't know what this LMS mill is, but $700 for a small mill that will do AR lowers, and will hold tolerances is attractive to me.

They are both based on the same design, though the LMS mini mill is more refined, has a solid column, a larger table, a better motor, belt drive and overall it is more refined.

Take a look at littlemachineshop.com

ptoguy2002
01-09-2012, 9:43 AM
Or here is a thought:
If you looking to get the price down with multiple people buying, ask whoever it is for deal package with the mill AND a starter tooling package.

ptoguy2002
01-09-2012, 9:51 AM
They are both based on the same design, though the LMS mini mill is more refined, has a solid column, a larger table, a better motor, belt drive and overall it is more refined.

Take a look at littlemachineshop.com

Paying a little bit more for a something that is more refined, better, larger, solid, etc is OK with me.....
I've been on again and off again about getting a mini mill because I don't want to spend lots of money on one, and I don't want to buy something cheap, or to small to be practical, and be sorry I bought it, so if there is a compromise somewhere in there, I'm game.
If it is under a grand for a nice mill and starter tooling, I'm in.

ptoguy2002
01-09-2012, 9:53 AM
If your not in a hurry just wait for the LMS HT mini mill to go on sale for $700 again. It is BY FAR the best X2 sized mill imported in the US now. You can call Chris and see if he would offer that price for any interested buyers. And his shipping within CA is reasonable.

But once you've used a mill even double the weight (250#) it is hard to do a lower on the little guy anymore.

Justin

Is this the one: HiTorque Mini Mill, Solid Column, http://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=3960&category=1387807683

Do you have one?

Intimid8tor
01-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Updated with details.

RazzB7
01-09-2012, 10:16 AM
I'm interested.

San Diego, CA Business address with forklift.

707electrician
01-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Did you only talk to Chris or did you call grizzly as well

Intimid8tor
01-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Did you only talk to Chris or did you call grizzly as well

The first call I made was to Chris and I liked what he had to offer for a couple reasons. First, most of us are looking for a smaller machine capable of doing 80% lowers and other minor machining for our firearms. As much as we would like something bigger, cost and space become a real issue. There is also a general theme that most want a better quality small machine and LMS fits that bill.

I did ask Chris if he was going to be offering a X3 mill and he said perhaps next year. He did say that if someone wanted an X3, the price from grizzly was a great deal.

Lastly, he expanded the offer for us. It doesn't only apply to mills, but to any machine LMS sells that is $500 or more.

ptoguy2002
01-09-2012, 1:09 PM
Business address in Ontario, CA, with forklift.
Don't know how big these are packaged (anybody know?), but I have a pickup and live in OC.

Intimid8tor
01-09-2012, 1:23 PM
Business address in Ontario, CA, with forklift.
Don't know how big these are packaged (anybody know?), but I have a pickup and live in OC.

Are you saying you have a business address and forklift?

3 mills will fit on one pallet and each mill, w/o accessories is right around 150lbs.

707electrician
01-09-2012, 2:03 PM
The first call I made was to Chris and I liked what he had to offer for a couple reasons. First, most of us are looking for a smaller machine capable of doing 80% lowers and other minor machining for our firearms. As much as we would like something bigger, cost and space become a real issue. There is also a general theme that most want a better quality small machine and LMS fits that bill.

I did ask Chris if he was going to be offering a X3 mill and he said perhaps next year. He did say that if someone wanted an X3, the price from grizzly was a great deal.

Lastly, he expanded the offer for us. It doesn't only apply to mills, but to any machine LMS sells that is $500 or more.

Im with you on this, but grizzly also offers an X2 and they are slightly cheaper than the LMS so I was just curious

Intimid8tor
01-09-2012, 2:43 PM
Im with you on this, but grizzly also offers an X2 and they are slightly cheaper than the LMS so I was just curious

Grizzly's X2 has the tilting head and I believe a less efficient and powerful DC motor. LMS has a brushless motor, belt drive (grizzly is gear drive) and choice of fixed or tilt head.The spindle is MT3 taper on grizzly instead of R8 on LMS as well. Lastly, the grizzly's table is smaller than LMS. Grizzly's is an X2 while LMS is a SX2L. Those are some of the big reasons why LMS made sense.

Great questions and conversation. Keep it coming.

707electrician
01-09-2012, 2:48 PM
Grizzly's X2 has the tilting head and I believe a less efficient and powerful DC motor. LMS has a brushless motor, belt drive (grizzly is gear drive) and choice of fixed or tilt head.The spindle is MT3 taper on grizzly instead of R8 on LMS as well. Lastly, the grizzly's table is smaller than LMS. Grizzly's is an X2 while LMS is a SX2L. Those are some of the big reasons why LMS made sense.

Great questions and conversation. Keep it coming.

Do you have a business address you could have them shipped to? I wouldn't mind combining shipping with you

Intimid8tor
01-09-2012, 2:59 PM
Do you have a business address you could have them shipped to? I wouldn't mind combining shipping with you

That's a maybe. I currently don't have one, but I am thinking of places I might be able to use. I'll update if I can think of a business I can use. I could use my parents business, but it is in occidental so I am trying to think of a closer place for all of us.

Should I put you on the list?

RazzB7
01-09-2012, 3:01 PM
Dont forget to factor in the weight of a pallet with three of these things on there is going to be near 500 lbs. They charge extra for "liftgate" delivery (normal with shipping companies), so a forklift is gonna be mandatory.

Intimid8tor
01-09-2012, 3:05 PM
Dont forget to factor in the weight of a pallet with three of these things on there is going to be near 500 lbs. They charge extra for "liftgate" delivery (normal with shipping companies), so a forklift is gonna be mandatory.

Thank you for the reminder. The lift gate charge is $20 for the pallet.

707electrician
01-09-2012, 3:05 PM
That's a maybe. I currently don't have one, but I am thinking of places I might be able to use. I'll update if I can think of a business I can use. I could use my parents business, but it is in occidental so I am trying to think of a closer place for all of us.

Should I put you on the list?

Yeah, put me on the list as a probably. I could ask my boss if we could have it delivered to our shop but we don't have a forklift so that probably wouldn't help us

ptoguy2002
01-09-2012, 3:07 PM
Can somebody explain X1, X2, SX2, X3, SX3, etc to me?

Intimid8tor
01-09-2012, 3:11 PM
A company called sieg makes the majority of this type of mill. X1 is the micro mill, x2 is the mini mill, sx2 is the mini mill with some upgrades. X3 is a small mill.

The "S" denotes super and means that it may have a larger table or upgraded motor.

The X2 or SX2 is about the smallest that can be used to complete an 80% lower. the X3 is a fair amount bigger and about 80% more. It weighs more than twice as much.

adamsreeftank
01-09-2012, 3:32 PM

This is an X3 (from Grizzly). I did a CNC conversion to it.

MountainShooter
01-09-2012, 4:11 PM

I wish my work bench was that organized and clean!

peterabbits
01-09-2012, 6:08 PM
Sheesh this year has already gotten expensive. You can probably count me in on this, I'm in Fresno, I can accept deliveries, have a business address, and we have forklifts as well.

Intimid8tor
01-10-2012, 7:54 AM
We are up to 4 now. Need 6 more to get the $50 discount per machine.

Not too bad for 1 day.

rickycle
01-10-2012, 9:12 AM

Did you use a CNC fusion kit for the conversion? what stepper motor and driver did you use?

adamsreeftank
01-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Did you use a CNC fusion kit for the conversion? what stepper motor and driver did you use?

Yes. I used the deluxe kit from CNC Fusion:
http://cncfusion.com/smallmill1.html

The motors are Keling and it uses a Gecko G540. I bought a pre-built Keling controller box, but I had to completely take it apart and re-build it.

I'll have to post a write up sometime. I have tons of pictures.

ptoguy2002
01-10-2012, 1:44 PM
Intimid8tor: Start a running list of folks committed in the OP, that way we can see quickly if this is a go or no go.

I'm in for one.

And Yes, I work at a business that receive a pallet delivery, we have a forklift. Ontario, CA.

707electrician
01-10-2012, 2:00 PM
Intimid8tor: Start a running list of folks committed in the OP, that way we can see quickly if this is a go or no go.

I'm in for one.

And Yes, I work at a business that receive a pallet delivery, we have a forklift. Ontario, CA.

There is a list at the bottom of the op

ptoguy2002
01-10-2012, 2:38 PM
There is a list at the bottom of the op

Yup, OK, didn't see that.

adamsreeftank
01-10-2012, 4:08 PM
A user sent me a PM asking about doing a CNC conversion to an X2 type mill and I sent him some links.

Since the people doing this group buy may be interested, here is a good resource for anyone interested:

http://crevicereamer.com/Page_6.html

http://crevicereamer.com/Page_11.html

Intimid8tor
01-10-2012, 6:50 PM
List updated. We are up to 5 now.

rob474
01-10-2012, 7:51 PM
ok i am interested i have been wanting a mill for the shop for awhile i'm in rancho cucamonga i have a shop but no fork lift. ok do we have any links to the mills we are talking about

rob474
01-10-2012, 7:54 PM
heck if they are in pasadena i might even be able to pick them up for the poeple close to me

Intimid8tor
01-11-2012, 7:39 AM
heck if they are in pasadena i might even be able to pick them up for the poeple close to me

I take it you found their site.

We are up to 6 machines. Looking for 4 more.

Roccobro
01-11-2012, 8:43 AM
Is this the one: HiTorque Mini Mill, Solid Column, http://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=3960&category=1387807683

Do you have one?

That's the one. If your going X2 (smallest I'd recommend) then DEFINITELY go the LMS route. You'll be kicking yourself the first time you strip a gear on the other imported X2's from any of 4 others outfits. The variable speed, belt drive and larger table well offset the additional cost. For cheaps sake the HF X2 with coupon is the absolute cheapest X2.

I do have one. It was the little blue mill on the end of the steel table at the AK party you attended here. The bigger green machine at the other end of the table (by the press we were using) is the Grizzly X3. Both are CNC Fusion conversions.

Justin

Intimid8tor
01-11-2012, 9:12 AM
Just thought I would update on Grizzly. I did contact them because I would have felt like a tool if they would have given us huge discounts.

It was a no go.

I can't wait for us to get get the 10 machines so we can get these on the way.

savs2k
01-11-2012, 12:28 PM
I just came back from a trip I'm a bit tired but ill look into this in a few hours. I was about to put in an order for a grizzly and do a conversion on it. I'm not sure how I feel about an x2 and I'm having a hard time navigating on lms from my phone. If they have anything bigger then an x2 can someone post it up for me to make it easier and faster for me to check out?

707electrician
01-11-2012, 2:04 PM
Just thought I would update on Grizzly. I did contact them because I would have felt like a tool if they would have given us huge discounts.

It was a no go.

I can't wait for us to get get the 10 machines so we can get these on the way.

We need to find another person locally to split the shipping with us

Tripper
01-11-2012, 2:14 PM
in the end, how much does it cost to do a CNC conversion on the X2?

707electrician
01-11-2012, 2:17 PM
in the end, how much does it cost to do a CNC conversion on the X2?

Expect about $1200 if you buy kits.

You will get a ballscrew/ballnut kit with motor mounts for about $550, and about $650 for stepper motors, drivers, power supply and software

Tripper
01-11-2012, 2:26 PM
thank you, still interested but not yet committed

Intimid8tor
01-11-2012, 2:58 PM
We need to find another person locally to split the shipping with us

Yep. Any ideas?

rob474
01-11-2012, 3:21 PM
just people know i am in rancho cucamonga but if someone that is close to rancho wants me to pick there's up in pasadena also i can do that sense i will be going there anyway.

ok so the 3960 is steel gears right not plastic? i plan on using this in my shop so i don't want it to break the first time we use it. i think i will be in for the mill and tool package.:43:

707electrician
01-11-2012, 3:51 PM
The LMS Mill is belt drive, not gear drive

rob474
01-11-2012, 7:00 PM
cool thank you

Intimid8tor
01-12-2012, 8:01 AM
4 more to go to get to our 10. Let's keep this on the top of the page with good discussion.

Intimid8tor
01-12-2012, 8:33 AM
I just came back from a trip I'm a bit tired but ill look into this in a few hours. I was about to put in an order for a grizzly and do a conversion on it. I'm not sure how I feel about an x2 and I'm having a hard time navigating on lms from my phone. If they have anything bigger then an x2 can someone post it up for me to make it easier and faster for me to check out?

LMS doesn't have an X3 yet. It's quite a ways off so if you are looking for bigger, grizzly might be the answer.

Intimid8tor
01-12-2012, 8:34 AM
Expect about $1200 if you buy kits.

You will get a ballscrew/ballnut kit with motor mounts for about $550, and about $650 for stepper motors, drivers, power supply and software

Did you use fignoggle's design or buy a prefab kit? Do you still have manual control or is it CNC only?

707electrician
01-12-2012, 9:13 AM
Did you use fignoggle's design or buy a prefab kit? Do you still have manual control or is it CNC only?

I havent gotten anything yet but I'll probably go with the CNC fusion kit, motors, power supply and a gecko drive from kelinginc.net

rob474
01-12-2012, 10:01 PM
yea i am really looking forward to getting one now hopefully we will get a few more people soon

Tripper
01-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Any deals found on at least DRO's
Can you get away with 2-axis on a 80%, or do you need 3-axis
Can you combine 2, 2-axis, and use the 4th axis or simply ignore it
eBay has some 2-axis for around 100
If I have only the mill, what else is needed to do 80's

Intimid8tor
01-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Any deals found on at least DRO's
Can you get away with 2-axis on a 80%, or do you need 3-axis
Can you combine 2, 2-axis, and use the 4th axis or simply ignore it
eBay has some 2-axis for around 100
If I have only the mill, what else is needed to do 80's

You actually don't need a DRO to complete an 80%. The jigs guide you. That being said, I think a DRO would probably make some parts easier

I have been looking into DROs for mine. You could go as cheap as a couple of these in the right size for a total of just over $100 for all 3 axis.
Grizzly DRO (http://www.grizzly.com/products/24-Remote-Digital-Readout-Inch-Metric-Fraction/T23013)
You would have to make the mounts which in most cases you will anyway.

For those interested, you are probably looking at scales in 150mm, 300mm and 350mm. I got that from LMS's site.

CDCO can piece together a kit with a single display for about $450. The display is LED instead of LCD so it should be easier to see.

To do 80% lowers you will need a vise, a couple of end mills and drill bits. Tactical Machining has a list on their website, but the list includes a couple larger tools you don't need since the buffer tube hole is taken care of.

Intimid8tor
01-13-2012, 5:09 PM
Moving this back up for the weekend. Hopefully we can get the last 4 machines spoken for so we can get our orders in and be machining before the end of the month.

rob474
01-13-2012, 5:17 PM
the CDCO sounds like a nice setup ok people i know more people need a mill for home or there shop how many more people do we need now

Intimid8tor
01-13-2012, 5:23 PM
the CDCO sounds like a nice setup ok people i know more people need a mill for home or there shop how many more people do we need now

We have 6 committed and 1 maybe. So, we need 4 more committed buyers and we have the 10.

Intimid8tor
01-13-2012, 6:36 PM
Here is a great write up on adding DROs to the HF version of this mill for about $125.

http://www.weaponsguild.com/forum/index.php?topic=22289.0

707electrician
01-13-2012, 6:58 PM
I might have to back out so count me as a maybe. My girlfriend lost her job and isn't getting the money she is owed so I can't spend at the moment

ptoguy2002
01-14-2012, 5:32 AM
We have 6 committed and 1 maybe. So, we need 4 more committed buyers and we have the 10.

Maybe get on weaponsguild and see if they'll let you post up the GB there?

rob474
01-14-2012, 9:47 AM
to the top for a great group buy

Intimid8tor
01-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Maybe get on weaponsguild and see if they'll let you post up the GB there?

I sent a message to the administrator at weaponsguild, but haven't heard back yet. I made a comment about it yesterday so at least there is some mention of it.

rob474
01-15-2012, 12:19 PM
btt

BayRyder
01-16-2012, 12:48 AM
I might be in for one depending on how my taxes go. I can get a business address too but not fork lift.

rob474
01-16-2012, 4:11 PM
i wonder if we could get some kind of group deal from CDCO i would like a 3 axis i want to use it for more then just 80%'s and i think this would make a great added feature

Intimid8tor
01-16-2012, 4:33 PM
i wonder if we could get some kind of group deal from CDCO i would like a 3 axis i want to use it for more then just 80%'s and i think this would make a great added feature

I think that is something we can look into. Good idea.

SVT-40
01-18-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm 90 % sure I'll participate. I'm in the east San Gabriel valley.

Is this the machine that most are considering?
http://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=3960&category=1387807683

rob474
01-19-2012, 7:17 AM
yup that is the one most of us will be getting:43:

itisagoodname
01-19-2012, 8:13 AM
Just got laid off so i'm out of this one.

rob474
01-19-2012, 9:48 PM
sorry to hear that man i hope you find something quick

Intimid8tor
01-23-2012, 8:36 AM
It is with some excitement and some disappointment that I pull out of the group buy. The reason is that my first choice of a mill became available. The LMS was my second choice in mills and the G0704 was my first choice. I was able to get grizzly to ship a G0704 out their springfield warehouse for an additional $30 which is worth it to me as the mill is quite a bit larger.

Since it is out of state there is no tax and if you go to their website you can get a catalog with a 5% coupon on the back.

Anyway, I felt the need to explain why I was dropping out since I am the organizer. I will continue to update this thread as the LMS is a good product and is more refined. We still have the opportunity to get the $50 off and the shipping is available and the biggest savings.

Intimid8tor
01-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Updated the list. We are still at 6 machines. Need 4 more to get the $50 per machine discount.

Combining shipping is still the biggest bank for the buck.

Intimid8tor
02-05-2012, 6:30 PM
We are still at 6 machines and time is running short for those that want in. Even though I am out, I will continue to keep this at the top and help to make it happen for those that want in.

707electrician
02-05-2012, 8:34 PM
Have you gotten your new mill up and running?

Dr69er
02-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Th 80% lower momentum is building and that means a lot of us that need to be able to mill some smaller pieces.

I have benefited from several group buys so I thought I would gauge interest in a group buy for a mini-mill, perhaps with the basic tools needed to complete a lower (i.e. drills, end mills, vice, etc.)

2 options really come to mind.

1.) Little Machine Shop SX2.
2.) Grizzly X2 or X3 clone.

Update 01/02/2012.
Spoke with Chris at Littlemachineschop.com and here is our deal.

This will not be a group buy in the traditional sense as each person will order their own, but there are a couple ways to save money.

1st - Once we, as a group, order 10 machines or more, all orders will be discounted by $50 which is what they normally do for sales.
2nd - 3 machines can be shipped on one pallet, to one location for the same shipping cost. Shipping to a business address or terminal is $115 and shipping to a home is $175. Getting 3 individuals together will save each person 2/3 of the shipping cost as it will be split among the 3.
3rd - Any accessories, cutting tools, etc that are ordered at the same time will ship for free.

So, if 3 people order the 3960 mini-mill the savings will be approximately $85 on the low end, up to $110 on the higher side if no accessories are purchased. This equates to approximately 10% in savings on the total purchase price.

Process to order
1.) Post up here with your location and if you have a business address an order could be shipped to. I will build a master list in this post.
2.) When 3 people in a similar location see what to work together, PM me and I will update the list.
3.) Once we have 10 or more machines in groups, we pick a day and all place our order. In the comments section, write"calguns.net group purchase. Ship with XXXXXXXXXXX's order".
4.) Orders can be placed early, but you will be charged the normal price until we reach the 10 unit discount at which time you will be refunded the $50.

This deal is good for 30 days from today.

Received an email from Chris and this offer applies to all machines that LMS sell that are $500 or more.

707Electrician - Sonoma County - Possible bus address and forklift.
RazzB7 - San Diego - Bus address with forklift.
Peterabbits - Fresno - Bus address with forklift.
PTOguy2002 - Ontario - Bus address with forklift.
Rob474 - Pasadena - Bus address no forklift. Might be able to pick up for local purchases.
SVT-40 - East San Gabriel Valley

We have a couple other maybes.

Put me on the list if its not to late for the LMS 3960 Mini Mill group buy.

Intimid8tor
02-10-2012, 5:37 PM
Put me on the list if its not to late for the LMS 3960 Mini Mill group buy.

Where are you located so I can add your location.

Intimid8tor
02-10-2012, 5:39 PM
OK everyone, we are now at 7 machines. We are just past the 30 days. If we can get 3 more I will contact LMS and see if they will extend the $50 offer.

Intimid8tor
02-10-2012, 5:40 PM
Have you gotten your new mill up and running?

Yes I have. Cut my first lower with the G0704.