PDA

View Full Version : Any used pistols stores in the Los Angeles area?

El Barto
03-15-2007, 9:54 AM
I want another pistol and I am looking for a good Ruger MK II, P1, or Browning Buckmark.

Just a few months ago, Turners had many MK II's (new!) for under $300 and a good supply of P1's. Now they have nothing. By the time they list something on their online gun rack, it's usually sold (like the MK II in Norwalk that is still listed).

I called a couple of different Turners to see if they had any MK II's or P1's on the shelf but not listed and no one had any.

Does anyone know of any gunshops in the LA area that have any used MK II, or P1's a good prices? I don't want to order a used $200 gun off gunbroker and pay $80 in transfer fees and I want to feel before I buy.

Am I just going to have to go to Turners to get a new MK III?

PistolPete75
03-15-2007, 11:26 AM
keep looking in the private party section..good luck

smle-man
03-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Try Kings gunworks in Glendale, they usually have a nice selection of handguns for sale. Also Martin B Retting in Culver City.

Black Majik
03-15-2007, 11:33 PM
Yeah, LA Guns :rolleyes:

The one I know of would be Martin B. Rettings. Good selection but I can't really recommend them.

I agree to wait on the classifieds and see if something you like pops up near you.

maxicon
03-16-2007, 8:38 AM
For a while, my daughter was taking gym classes near one of our local shops that gets a lot of consignment and used guns in. When it was time to pick her up, I'd leave a half-hour early and stop by the shop to see what they had.

I probably bought a gun a month on average then, just because stopping by once a week would bring me across deals I just couldn't pass up. Luckily, that didn't last more than a year or so, or I'd need another safe (I kind'a do anyway)...

My recommendation is to make the time to stop and cruise the shops on a regular basis. That's how you find the good stuff.

1911su16b870
03-16-2007, 9:04 AM
Though there are plenty of bad experiences called out on this forum, Turners does take in consignment firearms and flips them. You can check their inventory on their website. Only problem is they buy the item from the owner for about 1/2 their asking price, they wait 30 days before you can dros it, thus the good stuff will go within a day or so of comming into the store and then you'll be waiting 30 + 10 dros days.

SnWnMe
03-16-2007, 12:04 PM
Most of the pistol stores look well used.

allenst65
03-16-2007, 3:54 PM
Turners ..... then you'll be waiting 30 + 10 dros days.

Or try the Turners Chino store where they have you pay in full to hold it (on day 1 of the 30 day hold) and then require you to DROS it immediately so you only have a 1 day window in which to pick it up.

Sig226
03-16-2007, 4:26 PM
Or try the Turners Chino store where they have you pay in full to hold it (on day 1 of the 30 day hold) and then require you to DROS it immediately so you only have a 1 day window in which to pick it up.

HAHAH, Yeah right.... Not I.

Cold Iron
03-16-2007, 5:04 PM
Try Fort Courage Armory in Simi Valley (new store) Tim is active in the used gun biz. Cold Iron

PistolPete75
03-16-2007, 5:18 PM
Agoura Hills Target Range always has a few used pistol there..usually on consignment.