PDA

View Full Version : FMAP FAL legality

superhondaz50
03-15-2007, 8:43 AM
Is the FM or FMAP FSL fal rifle legal out here, I dont see it on the list, but I may be missing something. Anyone have one, or know about the quality?

bwiese
03-15-2007, 8:52 AM
Is the FM or FMAP FSL fal rifle legal out here, I dont see it on the list, but I may be missing something. Anyone have one, or know about the quality?

I believe FMAP is Argentine... FMAP = "Fabrica Miltar Armas... something.

These are not FN FALs any more than an Imbel or DSA is. They are 'off list' and just need to comply by having an appropriate features suite installed.

xenophobe
03-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Portuguese. Everything from their firearms to optics are excellent and better than most.

superhondaz50
03-15-2007, 12:30 PM
I can get a like new FMAP receiver for $400, is it worth it?

MaxQ
03-15-2007, 12:43 PM
xeno - You're thinking of FMP - that's Portuguese.

FMAP (Fabrica Militar de Armas Portatiles) produced FN licensed FALs in Argentina. Some early Century (Canadian) builds used FMAP receivers.

FMAP receivers are generally assumed to about the same quality as Imbels of the same period. If it's a Century build, the receiver is likely the best part.

I'd get a brand new DSA receiver before a "like new" FMAP.

Pryde
03-15-2007, 12:46 PM

Yes, get it.
FMAPs are FN licensed copies (made on FN equipment) just like the IMBELs which are selling now for $450+

-hanko
03-15-2007, 2:29 PM
If you don't get it, email me with owner and phone number, PLEASE.;).

If you buy it, I have a cast argie lower you may be interested in...has the 'Christmas tree' acceptance mark & looks new.

-hanko