PDA

View Full Version : Collectible S&W revolvers in San Mateo

maxicon
03-15-2007, 9:25 AM
Here's where the intersection of California gun laws and the S&W collectible frenzy results in $1300 revolvers.

Unturned revolvers are pretty rare, and the Model 27s are hot stuff in the shorter barrels, so here's your chance to get rid of that tax refund!

http://smith-wessonforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/511103904/m/1141032012

For those who aren't SWF members:

Hello all, I am selling off my prized blue steel M27-2 collection. Please only serious inquires. I am a little presssed for time and cannot view this site everyday. However I will be checking my email daily. Please contact me by email if interested.

The description speaks for itself. I prefer only FTF sales in my buddy's shop in San Mateo Cal. I do not have the time to send or post pictures. I have bought and sold here for a while and have a great reputation.

I have NIB with all the original shippping containiners and untouched presentaion cases, papers and tools, just as they left the factory every barrel length M27-2. (3.5, 4, 5, 8/38, the 6in is already sold.)

I purchased these NIB from a dealer. I am the original owner and opened the shipping boxes myself. I have never turned them. I have only opened them to clean and polish. They are in museum qualilty condtion. I have still have them in my possession and I will not take them to the shop until I have a confirmed buyer. That way they can be kept in preistine condition. If you are interested please email me directly.

I am asking $1300 for each of them. You will not be dissapointed in the condition of these revolvers.

Californio
03-15-2007, 10:40 AM
When stupid laws are passed that mess with supply and demand, this is what you get. Very Sad

QuarterBoreGunner
03-15-2007, 3:49 PM
Yeah I saw this over on SWF... OUCH! I have the 3.5, the 5 and the 8 3/8... love to have that 4" but $1300 is just too much, even NIB unturned.
I paid less than $400 each for the three I already have and this just kills me. I can't fault the seller for the asking price. But honestly I hope he doesn't get it; it just sets the trend and we're all screwed.

xrMike
03-15-2007, 7:30 PM
Unturned revolvers are pretty rare,What exactly does "unturned" mean?

Not sure I like this guy's sales presentation either... "I got some valuable guns. I'm too busy to send you pics, or talk to you about them, but trust me, they're valuable and you should buy them from me."

QuarterBoreGunner
03-15-2007, 8:06 PM
What exactly does "unturned" mean?

Unturned means that outside of the factory, the cylinder has never been turned or rotated; absolutely pristine mint with no turn ring at all on the cylinder.

It means a lot to the pure collector, especially in the collectible single action Colt field.

Again, I can't fault his presentation; if he's not blowing smoke, he has something very special to offer, at least in this state. I really hope he doesn't get his asking price. In the free states these would be, maybe, $400-$500 each.

Mr. Beretta
03-15-2007, 9:34 PM
FYI Gents

The 3 1/2" & 4" have already sold.

JiminCA
03-15-2007, 9:59 PM
Don't fool yourselves guys, I saw a 3-1/2" M27 at a gunshop in Houston last month for 600 bucks, and it was refinished. My local friend who is very savvy looked long and hard at it before passing. He felt the price was fair and that it would sell without too much trouble at that price. He's holding out for one in better condition and expects to pay 1K to get a gun with 95%+ original finish and maybe get box and docs.

P&R n-frames are hot right now. Everywhere.

maxicon
03-15-2007, 11:31 PM
The P&R 27s in 3.5" and 4", LNIB with tools, presentation box, all the hoo-hah, have been going for $900-ish and up. Typically LNIB will have a faint turn line - it's a really rare gun that nobody's taken out, dry fired a few times, etc.

It's impossible to say, but I'd say it's unlikely even 1 in 1000 are kept in that condition. For collectors who really care about that kind of thing, it adds more to the value, and guns in this condition don't turn up very often. California laws don't help - you want a gun like this in Cali, you better jump on it when it shows up.

Would I pay that much? No way; I buy guns to shoot. Are they worth that much? Apparently so, 3 out of 5 are sold already.

Crazy, maybe, but the whole classic blued S&W market's been going a bit crazy the last few years. Should'a bought a bunch back in the day!

ivanimal
03-15-2007, 11:58 PM
I buy guns to shoot as well, I have seen the new blued offerings from S and W, they are nice but you cant beat the older guns for deep blue sheen. I would pay that for a truly rare gun but not for a shelf queen.

I am glad that S ans W got back into the bluing business.:o

bwiese
03-16-2007, 12:12 AM
Well from the sound of it I bet Krausewerke is the xfer dealer.

Given his description and apparent association w/Krausewerke, you really wouldn't have to worry about pix, it should be a pretty sure bet worth the trip up there to do the PPT. If you saw something you didn't like you could walk - but when someone talks about 'unturned', 'orig box', "NIB" ,etc these are more than likely perfect.

QuarterBoreGunner
03-16-2007, 7:02 AM
Well from the sound of it I bet Krausewerke is the xfer dealer
My thought as well; Mike's a good guy.
*sigh* Good luck to the seller... looks like my collecting just got more expensive.

maxicon
03-16-2007, 9:31 AM
All sold but the 8 3/8" in about 24 hours...

kurac
03-16-2007, 11:10 AM
I guess a few people think they are worth $1,300 each!

QuarterBoreGunner
03-16-2007, 12:35 PM
All sold but the 8 3/8" in about 24 hours

And there's your benchmark for NIB or even Very Good M27s in the great state of California from now on out. Guess I need to adjust the worth of mine accordingly. Congrats to the seller, but this sucks for the rest of us.

trashman
03-16-2007, 1:14 PM
It's all about inventory....there just aren't many of these suckers on the market anywhere these days.

What really sucks is that it's starting to put pressure on stuff that used to be much less desirable (from a market demand standpoint). I mean, forget about M-28s (and I just bought one...) I'm thinking things like garden-variety snubs (10s and 36s).

--Neill

maxicon
03-16-2007, 1:38 PM
It's all about inventory....there just aren't many of these suckers on the market anywhere these days.

What really sucks is that it's starting to put pressure on stuff that used to be much less desirable (from a market demand standpoint). I mean, forget about M-28s (and I just bought one...) I'm thinking things like garden-variety snubs (10s and 36s).

--Neill

It's the truth. You can still get old K frames in other states for under $300 in decent shape, but try finding one at a gun shop in California for that.

It works on other guns too. I saw a High Standard Sentinel .22 revolver in a local shop the other day for $250. Now, they're decent, inexpensive guns, but are nothing special, and that's a good $100 more than it would get in Free America.