View Full Version : Surefire ears...EP3 Sonic Defenders any good

03-15-2007, 8:16 AM
I was on the surefire website sending an email for some warrenty work for my x200 when i noticed they have hearing protection. They may have had it for a while but this is the first time I have (no pun intended) heard of it. Apparently it blocks louder noise (gunfire, engines, babies) but allows normal speech and other sounds to be heard, a valve for your ear kind of. Anyone used these things? How well do they work?

03-15-2007, 7:44 PM
I will only use them in addition to electronic hearing protection. They don't provide enough protection just by itself.

03-16-2007, 11:15 PM
Same here, not enough by themselves...but work very well under electronic muffs.
- cush

03-17-2007, 12:07 AM
I had a few of them. Different sizes. Like dwestfall, I thought I needed a different size. None of them really worked. I can't seem to find them now but I don't really care.

03-19-2007, 4:40 PM
i cant get enough of them. i use them all the time for shooting. i havent had any problems using them. i use them on indoor and outdoor ranges with pistol, carbine, rifle, shotgun, and smg. i attended some courses with them and i use them while working on the range. when wearing the electronic radio muffs, i find that i can actually hear communications better than with foamies. try a set.