PDA

View Full Version : Buying DDsRanch's WASR10

wksun88
03-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Hi guys, I'm planning to buy the WASR-10 from DDsranch pretty soon but I have a few quick questions first. Does anyone know of a FFL that will do the transfer in the San Diego area?
Also, I realized that at CWS I could buy the pistol grip, mag and bayonet for 10 dollars more, but I need to buy the actual rifle from them in order to get that deal.:( So I'm wondering where else I can buy a black pistol grip and a 10/30 mag for a reasonable price?
Thanks in advance! :)

grammaton76
03-14-2007, 11:08 PM
You've gotta drive to Riverside or Orange County in order to transfer completed AK's. Royal Loan refuses to accept complete rifles, and Precision Arms doesn't like AK's.

grammaton76
03-15-2007, 1:00 AM
Also, I realized that at CWS I could buy the pistol grip, mag and bayonet for 10 dollars more, but I need to buy the actual rifle from them in order to get that deal.:( So I'm wondering where else I can buy a black pistol grip and a 10/30 mag for a reasonable price?
Thanks in advance! :)

I forgot to mention, if you go to the gun show in Costa Mesa, you could just get your AK from CWS there. The $10 is just a shipping and handling/processing fee - if you buy at the show, you'll be given the grip, bayonet, and such to take home with you. Shipping stuff to two places isn't free, but handing the parts to you over the counter certainly doesn't incur any extra costs.

If you're going to do that, though, call ahead to make sure the grips and such are present. May possibly not have the accessories at the show... not sure how they're planning on working the WASR's.

wksun88
03-15-2007, 2:03 PM
looks like I'll be using Ade's for the transfer :)

Neil McCauley
03-15-2007, 2:10 PM
I forgot to mention, if you go to the gun show in Costa Mesa, you could just get your AK from CWS there. The $10 is just a shipping and handling/processing fee - if you buy at the show, you'll be given the grip, bayonet, and such to take home with you. Shipping stuff to two places isn't free, but handing the parts to you over the counter certainly doesn't incur any extra costs.

If you're going to do that, though, call ahead to make sure the grips and such are present. May possibly not have the accessories at the show... not sure how they're planning on working the WASR's.

Is CWS asking the same price as D&D?

pewpewguns
03-15-2007, 2:11 PM
You've gotta drive to Riverside or Orange County in order to transfer completed AK's. Royal Loan refuses to accept complete rifles, and Precision Arms doesn't like AK's.

Do you know if Precision Arms will dros ak recievers?

Geoffkoop
03-15-2007, 2:11 PM
looks like I'll be using Ade's for the transfer :)

Ades is a great place. I have transferred 3 receivers through them in the past few weeks. Great guys. The guy Greg that works there is helpful too.

proraptor
03-15-2007, 3:16 PM
I agree Ade is a super nice guy

grammaton76
03-15-2007, 3:18 PM
Do you know if Precision Arms will dros ak recievers?

They might. I know that they won't handle completed AK's, but I think they'll do stripped receivers (just like Royal Loan)

grammaton76
03-15-2007, 3:19 PM

No idea; I don't keep up on the prices. I'm just saying that if the $10 extra-parts-shipment fee is what the guy was objecting to, there's ways around it.

PIRATE14
03-15-2007, 3:50 PM

Not the same rifle.....not the same price....

Have AK BB in stock............

wksun88
03-15-2007, 11:46 PM
I wasn't objecting to the 10 dollar fee to get the pistol grip and magazine, I actually ordered it online but later found out that I can't just order it separately from the rifle, which I was planning to get from DDs, so I asked to cancel the order.
By the way, I go to Ade's and DROS before the rifle arrives right?

nosewitdot
03-16-2007, 12:01 AM
some ffls allow you to...some prefer to have the rifle first

Ed8756
03-16-2007, 1:43 AM
Where is Ade's? I am also interested in these and I'm in the Riverside area.

wksun88
03-16-2007, 11:06 PM
it's in orange county near Tustin
I'll have to drive about an hour and a half since I live in san diego :(

threadcrapper
03-16-2007, 11:08 PM
They might. I know that they won't handle completed AK's, but I think they'll do stripped receivers (just like Royal Loan)

It's not an AK, it's a Wasr10 :)

AxonGap
03-16-2007, 11:21 PM
Ade is a great guy. Reasonably priced, and a real pleasure to deal with. Take a look at what he has in stock too!:)

wksun88
03-17-2007, 8:15 PM
I drove up to Ade's today and it took me an 1 1/2 hours to get there but it was worth the drive! Later on I found out that he could DROS by phone and I almost punched myself right there. Ade seems like such a nice guy :)

markymark
03-17-2007, 8:23 PM
I drove up to Ade's today and it took me an 1 1/2 hours to get there but it was worth the drive! Later on I found out that he could DROS by phone and I almost punched myself right there. Ade seems like such a nice guy :)
"Seems" isn't the right word. Ade IS a very nice guy. My best experiences have been with him and Chris at BSP.

gn3hz3ku1*
03-17-2007, 8:26 PM
you can dros by phone? how would u do that? i thought they have to check ID and you have to sign/