PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys what do you think of my ak work... rate me

nanoer
03-14-2007, 9:49 PM
:-D okies, I'm going to start off showing my darn ak screw build. I also did my own finishing, but the handguards turned out lighter than the buttstock. I guess I rubbed it harder on the guards. Wells rate me :-D and my next project is a fal. If anyone close to Garden Grove or Westminster that could help me or hook me up, please do ;)

Wells here's the ak.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b234/littlefrogger_07/SSCN2216.jpg

What do you think of it? I think it looks ok. Everything on the pix is legal ;) Includes a mag lock with the us parts.

Also if there is any tip or pointers please post. I am building another one so I need all the help I could get.

Adog5
03-14-2007, 9:59 PM
Looks mean and I'm sure I can spot it's an AK a mile away! Also, I'd be more careful of posting pics of your builds that are questionable. Your AK doesn't look like it has a lock on it, and don't know if your magazine is a 10/30 or 30. With a pistol grip, of of those would equal a felony of constructing an assault weapon. Just warning you in case you didn't know, but I'm sure you did your research. :D

Blue
03-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Looks mean and I'm sure I can spot it's an AK a mile away! Also, I'd be more careful of posting pics of your builds that are questionable. Your AK doesn't look like it has a lock on it, and don't know if your magazine is a 10/30 or 30. With a pistol grip, of of those would equal a felony of constructing an assault weapon. Just warning you in case you didn't know, but I'm sure you did your research. :D

Ha! I didn't even notice that. I looked at it and said damn his furniture don't match and moved on. LOL.

nanoer
03-14-2007, 10:12 PM

The mag is locked down with a keystock and a screw...100% stuck in there. The mag is 100% 10/30, bought it from chris. He's the guy that lives out in palm springs making those mags. Also, yes, I have done my homework and read all about the PG and mag. It looks like an assault weapon, but everything is legal.

The only bad part I hate is trying to put the gun in a gun case with the darn mag sticking out.

Thanks for the heads-up tho. The mod in here knows that I would not do such a thing, he's been helping me with the legal stuff and telling me whats wrong and whats right.

nanoer
03-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Ha! I didn't even notice that. I looked at it and said damn his furniture don't match and moved on. LOL.

hahah like I said, I soaked the buttstock in longer than the handguards so it didn't come out as right. Next build will match :-D I hope?

Adog5
03-15-2007, 1:02 AM
The mag is 100% 10/30, bought it from chris. He's the guy that lives out in palm springs making those mags.

Cool, can I get one from Chris? I've been looking for a 10/30 and can't find them . Can you please give me his username so I can PM him?

NRAhighpowershooter
03-15-2007, 7:16 PM
What's a AK?????????? :confused:

:p

pewpewguns
03-15-2007, 7:42 PM
What's a AK?????????? :confused:

The easiest way to offend "duck hunters" ?

donger
03-15-2007, 8:36 PM
It looks nice and EVILLLL.

Good job.

proraptor
03-15-2007, 9:03 PM
You should make it able to take mags...Fixed mag AK's suck

RobT2K
03-15-2007, 9:25 PM
What kit is that?

My friend wants to build one soon, and I have no idea where to tell him to get an inexpensive kit. It seems the ones I have seen lately were $300-400

Any cheaper out there?

I think you did a really good job on that rifle by the way.

AJAX22
03-15-2007, 9:27 PM
I like the wood stain you used for the foregrip. sexylike

where did you get your parts kit?

I'm looking to buy two or three after my wedding.

USMC_2651_E5
03-15-2007, 9:42 PM
I voted for the best option since this is your first and because It looks better than any I have ever buit (I haven't built any, yet). It looks great, hopefully it fires just the same. Next try a rivet build.

nanoer
03-15-2007, 10:00 PM
the kits can be bought at www.copesdist.com for $110. I prefer getting the $115 hand picked kits to make sure they don't have any rust and damaged furnny. The stain I bought at lowes or home depot... the brand name is miniwax. I have used the red mahognay 225. Carful guys!!!! don't put a lot in or you'll get a deep dark red stain like the buttstock. I had to wipe some off and it make the handguards lighter than the buttstock.

Thanks for the rating and durr I'm a noob that built the ak... looks clean to me.

Oh yeah, I should make one that has no pg so I can detach my 10/30 hahaha! I am building 3 more, so no sweat. I'll get better and I am building a rommy underfolder with rivets.

mdhpper
03-16-2007, 1:00 PM
Not bad for your first build, I'm sure the rest will be even nicer!

Biff...
03-16-2007, 1:23 PM
How is it to load? I thought about fixing my mag to my ak, but decided to go with a monsterman grip to have detachable mags.

RobT2K
03-16-2007, 8:35 PM
So don't the Romy kits come with a forward pistol grip? Did you get rid of yours?
I was hoping to build one that can take detachable mags, which means no "evil parts".
Could I just put on a non pistol grip forend on that $115 kit?

ghost
03-16-2007, 11:11 PM
So don't the Romy kits come with a forward pistol grip? Did you get rid of yours?
I was hoping to build one that can take detachable mags, which means no "evil parts".
Could I just put on a non pistol grip forend on that $115 kit?

or just cut it off and sand it down is an option.

nanoer
03-19-2007, 12:07 AM
or just cut it off and sand it down is an option.

yup, or just go to the gun show and buy the handguard that I got for only $15 at northridge :-D

tujungatoes
03-19-2007, 2:48 PM
Looks good:D

I hope mine turns out that nice.