PDA

View Full Version : DSA Fal Rifles/Calif. Model Fixed Mag

Ripper
03-14-2007, 6:34 PM
Hi I have been on several other Fal forums this week and I keep hearing that DSA Fal rifles the Calif. fixed 10 rd mag models are Illegal for sale in California,that the DOJ is preventing the sale of these rifles and not letting the ones sold to people to be picked up after the 10 day waiting. Has any body here have any more info on this matter?:mad:

rorschach
03-14-2007, 7:36 PM
Search is your friend.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=51728

DSA_FAL
03-14-2007, 7:36 PM
The DOJ is just spreading more of their FUD about rifles with fixed mags. (Just this time it's FALs instead of AR-15s.) There was a thread on this in the legal forun earlier this week.

What they are saying is not true and they are just as legal now as they were a month ago.

bwiese
03-14-2007, 8:26 PM
Note that the gun in question had a voided transaction.

No one was arrested for an AW violation ;)

They're trying to use adminstrative trivia cuz they don't have the law on their side.

dondo
03-15-2007, 9:00 PM
I have an STG58 on layaway at Turners and have been dropping in to see if they are pulling them and they are not. the received a memo but are fighting it and they are remaining for sale at Turners. At least for now. I need to pay that thing off and DROS it ASAP.

luvtolean
03-15-2007, 9:09 PM
I have an STG58 on layaway at Turners and have been dropping in to see if they are pulling them and they are not. the received a memo but are fighting it and they are remaining for sale at Turners. At least for now. I need to pay that thing off and DROS it ASAP.

New respect for Turner's on that one.

Maybe I need to go buy a gun. :)

Addax
03-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Hi I have been on several other Fal forums this week and I keep hearing that DSA Fal rifles the Calif. fixed 10 rd mag models are Illegal for sale in California,that the DOJ is preventing the sale of these rifles and not letting the ones sold to people to be picked up after the 10 day waiting. Has any body here have any more info on this matter?:mad:

Have you spoken to DSA?

Call them tomorrow and see what they say...

They still have the CA Legal Ads up on their site..

thedrickel
03-15-2007, 10:50 PM

Don't worry about it, whatever DOJ minion started this BS is way out of his league. Nothing will come of this little evil-featured FAL fiasco.

CA357
03-16-2007, 11:22 PM
I just bought one in Sacramento yesterday. :) It seems the report is bogus. If I could've afforded two I would've bought 'em.
(this is my first post here)

CA357
03-17-2007, 10:07 PM
I stopped by the gun shop and paid the balance on my SA58 so they can get the paperwork in. Now all I have to do is sell an arm or leg so I can afford ammo.

MotoGuy
03-17-2007, 10:54 PM
I just bought one in Sacramento yesterday. :) It seems the report is bogus. If I could've afforded two I would've bought 'em.
(this is my first post here)

Does a store in Sacramento have them in stock?

Kiba
03-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Was just out playing with my (new to me) DSA STG-58 today... now I see why guys like these things so much. Great feel and control placement and a darn good shooter for a short barrel. Super easy to clean everything too, I wish cleaning the gas system on my M1A's was as easy as on an FAL! It's nice not needing a gas block holder and a torque wrench.

Did the transfer on mine at Irvington, no problems of course, but word of the Turner's "issues" happened after I finished my DROS.

CA357
03-17-2007, 11:15 PM
River City Gun Exchange. They had at least one more, the one on display. Maybe more in the back, I dunno..

Ripper
03-18-2007, 8:36 AM
Where is River City gun exchange located?

CA357
03-18-2007, 11:40 AM
River City Gun Exchange is in Sacramento. It's on the south side of Fruitridge Blvd. between 23rd and 24th streets. It's a pretty small shop, so they don't have a mega selection. But they know what they're talking about and some real gun guys work there.

Snuffalofogus
03-18-2007, 1:47 PM
River City Gun Exchange is in Sacramento. It's on the south side of Fruitridge Blvd. between 23rd and 24th streets. It's a pretty small shop, so they don't have a mega selection. But they know what they're talking about and some real gun guys work there.

only prob I have w/ RCGE is that they will not touch OLL's.

I'm having my FAL transfer done through another FFL