PDA

View Full Version : What became of the DOJ's 11/06 notice?

The Hanged Man
03-14-2007, 2:56 PM
I'm referring to this:

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/regs/awnotice1106.php

Considering that I see a lot of talk of prince50 kits and Bullettip Mag releases, is it safe for me to assume that the proposed changes to the CA penal code never went through: ie, so long as my magazine requires the use of a tool to remove from my AR-15, I'm legally in the clear?

If the changes never went through, why in god's name is this thing still up on the DOJ page? It makes it seem as though we're going to have to weld our mags in or be thrown in the slammer.

Apologies if this has been perpetually discussed. Mr. Weisse's excellent FAQ was last updated prior to the date on the DOJ document.

blacklisted
03-14-2007, 2:57 PM
They're going to keep that notice up as long as they can legally do so. They're trying to scare people that may not be fully in to this, and I'm sure it is working to some extent.

Aluisious
03-14-2007, 2:59 PM
It costs them nothing to keep some HTML around to spook the newbies.

The Hanged Man
03-14-2007, 3:03 PM
They're going to keep that notice up as long as they can legally do so. They're trying to scare people that may not be fully in to this, and I'm sure it is working to some extent.

Thank god we have a government here in CA that's looking out for its citizens by making sure that it's easy for them to understand the law. As if I needed any more reason to be angry.

bwiese
03-14-2007, 3:10 PM
Intimidation by Memo, that's all.

It's actually scaring lout-of-state vendors more than Californians - and some OLL vendors refused to ship receivers to CA because they didn't even understand the memo (or read it deeply enough) - or realize that it was a proposal.

CALI-gula
03-14-2007, 8:10 PM
It became 100% recycled matter, most likely for making toilet paper.

It's not cotton, but it is cottony soft!

R_P_Rizzo
03-14-2007, 8:44 PM
This is nothing more than a solicited response from other members of DOJ,to the proposed changes, correct?