PDA

View Full Version : Brownells' Action Lube Plus (Moly Lube)

neomedic
03-14-2007, 9:07 AM
Has anyone tried Action Lube on your AR15?? If so, on which parts on the firearm and how do you think it did??

Also, if you used Miltech 1 oil before...what do think or your experience with the oil??

Thanks!

bwiese
03-14-2007, 9:52 AM
Why would anyone not just follow the tech manual for the M16/AR15 (available on AR15.COM) and use that guidance, and CLP?

No one here is doing rough enough service w/their AR that they should have to deviate from this, esp as lube issues are a prime cause of AR malfucntions - too little, way too much (that's rare), or wrong stuff (grease!). If your AR is oil-sensitive (i.e, works better with Brand X than CLP or CLP than MPro7, etc. there's a problem with your rifle.

I am continually amazed that folks just don't take advantate of the resources the US taxpayer provided us in the published M16 tech and operator manuals.

Some folks do use a tad of moly lube - just a *touch* on hammer/trigger pins for smoother opereation of trigger....

proraptor
03-14-2007, 10:12 AM
I use CLP...

creampuff
03-14-2007, 10:15 AM
I only use molylube on the parts where I don't want the threads to seize up on me later. The buffer tube threads, muzzle threads, etc. Otherwise, it is CLP for the rest.

naimad
03-14-2007, 10:24 AM
I use miltech and clp i like the miltech better. i havent tried slip 2000 ive heard this also good stuff

bwiese
03-14-2007, 10:25 AM
I only use molylube on the parts where I don't want the threads to seize up on me later. The buffer tube threads, muzzle threads, etc. Otherwise, it is CLP for the rest.

You, sir, are doing things right :)

Centurion_D
03-14-2007, 1:04 PM
Ahhh..break free..a AR's best friend :) :D

SkyStorm82
03-14-2007, 1:39 PM
Also, if you used Miltech 1 oil before...what do think or your experience with the oil??

Thanks!

Maybe someone here can chime in with the full story...or post a link. All I can offer is this photo that I got off of various gun boards.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b279/skystorm82/eezox-rust-test.jpg

rkt88edmo
03-14-2007, 1:43 PM
Why would anyone not just follow the tech manual for the M16/AR15 (available on AR15.COM) and use that guidance, and CLP?

No one here is doing rough enough service w/their AR that they should have to deviate from this, esp as lube issues are a prime cause of AR malfucntions - too little, way too much (that's rare), or wrong stuff (grease!). If your AR is oil-sensitive (i.e, works better with Brand X than CLP or CLP than MPro7, etc. there's a problem with your rifle.

Are you sure? I thought this winter had some EXTREME cold weather! :)

maxicon
03-14-2007, 4:08 PM
Maybe someone here can chime in with the full story...or post a link. All I can offer is this photo that I got off of various gun boards.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b279/skystorm82/eezox-rust-test.jpg

This demonstrates rust protection qualities.

Of course, rustproofing and lubrication are two different qualities for a given oil or grease. You could put cosmoline on one of those pieces of steel and it'd still look pristine, but that wouldn't necessarily make it the best grease for a working gun.

I've had very good luck with CLP and tetra oil and grease, but rust isn't that much of a problem for my guns.

neomedic
03-14-2007, 5:53 PM
Ok...It seems the CLP and Eezox will be the best in terms of rust...how about its lubracating properties.

Eezox seems to have some people saying that its good (and since it works dry, doesn't attract dust, etc.)