PDA

View Full Version : Enterprise Arms FAL?

GlockComa
03-14-2007, 9:49 AM
I see they are located in SoCal. How are they compared to DS Arms?

Sydwaiz
03-14-2007, 9:59 AM
AGNTSA! A cheaper alternative plus lifetime guarantee. I don't know about their rifles but built two on their receivers with no problems a couple years ago.

superhondaz50
03-14-2007, 1:25 PM
How do you go about ordering a receiver from them???

Sydwaiz
03-14-2007, 1:35 PM
I walked in and bought them. Try giving them a call!

GlockComa
03-14-2007, 1:42 PM
Sydwaiz thanks for the info.
I've been debating wether to get a DS Arms, Enterprise Arms, or DCI receiver.

bwiese
03-14-2007, 1:57 PM
Entrerprise receivers have acquired a reputation for being "special" (outta spec?) and requiring custom gunsmthing. Later ones may be better.

Gunplumber (Ariz. Repsonse Systems) won't work on 'em.

For quality FAL receivers I'd look at not saving a few pennies and getting a DSA or Imbel rcvr. BTW, the DSA receiver (as will Entreprise's) will count toward 1 US-mfgd 'compliance part' for 922(r) issues.

Pryde
03-14-2007, 2:27 PM
Buy an Entreprise only if you are gonna buy a complete rifle and not a receiver.

It seems like they are the only ones that know how to make their receivers work.

bwiese
03-14-2007, 2:58 PM
Buy an Entreprise only if you are gonna buy a complete rifle and not a receiver.

It seems like they are the only ones that know how to make their receivers work.

Bingo, quote of the day...

Guinness
03-14-2007, 3:19 PM
If you do decide to get a parts kit and receiver and need someone to build it up I would shy away from Entreprise - Rich at CGW in Nevada does very nice work and is CA friendly!

He sells the same mag locks as entreprise also..

Solved a FAL carbine problem I had not to long ago..

http://www.cgwgun.com/

luvtolean
03-14-2007, 3:28 PM
My fully Entreprise built rifle is, and always has been finicky. And most of the ammo I have used was Winchester.

Mark_in_Pasadena
03-14-2007, 3:34 PM
I WILL NEVER do business with Enterprise ever again. I hope that helps.

Incitatus
03-14-2007, 3:46 PM
They're not the best out there, but they work. Larry Hirota is a FALsmith who used to work for Entreprise Arms can help you put it toghether for around $100. Larry lives in Irvingdale/Azusa area, very close to his former employer, Entreprise Arms

bwiese
03-14-2007, 3:47 PM
If you do decide to get a parts kit and receiver and need someone to build it up I would shy away from Entreprise - Rich at CGW in Nevada does very nice work and is CA friendly!

He sells the same mag locks as entreprise also..

Solved a FAL carbine problem I had not to long ago..

http://www.cgwgun.com/

Yup, Rich did a beaut of a job on my FAL

superhondaz50
03-14-2007, 4:05 PM
I may just go with a DSA, it sounds like the smartest choice, the only problem is that my wallet already hurts and I havnt even bought one yet. does anyone know if BSP carries FAL receivers?

oaklander
03-14-2007, 8:04 PM
You can order direct from DSA - (as long as you have an FFL who will DROS for you).

When you call for DSA - ask for the discounted price of $325 - they give that price to members of falfiles.com, and also to people who ask (AFAIK).

-hanko
03-14-2007, 8:15 PM
You can order direct from DSA - (as long as you have an FFL who will DROS for you).

When you call for DSA - ask for the discounted price of $325 - they give that price to members of falfiles.com, and also to people who ask (AFAIK).
The group buy for the fal files has been over for a while...dealer price, last time I ordered, was $325. Dsa took my amex info a number of times, just make sure your receiving ffl has his license on file with dsa before you call in your order. DSA also needs your ffl's permission to give you the dealer price.

If you're building your first couple of guns, you're better off to pay the $$ for a DSA v. E'prise;)

hth

-hanko

duenor
03-14-2007, 11:39 PM
I've come to know the entreprise folks in-person and can say that they do stand behind their product - IF YOU BUY THE WHOLE RIFLE FROM THEM. Their argument is that their receivers are good, but many gunsmiths just don't know the best ways to work on them.

I spoke with Gunplumber of ARS over the phone (who refuses to work on them). He explained that his refusal is not because the metal quality is poor, but that the receivers are often not precisely in spec. Therefore, while he can make a good FAL out of the rifle, an Entreprise may take 3-4 hours to build (which I suppose is an unacceptably long time) and he would have to eat the difference in what he was paid to do it as most folks won't pay him by the hour.

That said I bought my FAL from them and it was perfect. Fired well over 100 rounds, very accurate. Unfortunately the parkerizing job was bungled (to be fair Entreprise doesn't do it, they contract out) and rust quickly developed all over the bolt.

I brought it back and they reparked the whole gun, polished the feed ramps, and gave me a bayonet (not a big deal i know) and when I asked for one an Imbel flash suppressor for free.

My opinion is that if you are going to be a one-gun man and the FAL is going to have to be a gun that stays with you forever and you will work on it a lot (mods) then get a DSA.

But if you're like me and want a reliable gun that you can blast away with with very acceptable accuracy and won't dent the pocket too much get an Entreprise from Entreprise.

I know the gunsmith too, he is a pretty knowledgable guy. and actually helped me pick out some parts kits.

cadjak
03-15-2007, 7:56 AM
Someone want to visit Entreprise and ask them to show you where they test fire their rifles.:D Then report back here with what you learn.

Addax
03-15-2007, 8:49 AM
Enterprise FAL's: Run Away from them! Too Many issues..

DSA FAL's: Love them, Great Receivers and Quality assembly

ARS FAL's: Excellent FAL Builder

Volunteer Ordnance Works: Excellent FAL Builder

GlockComa
03-15-2007, 9:17 AM
I've built my AR, I have my AK, and I think its time that I added a FAL to the collection. I think I'll take your advice and go with a couple DSA receivers.

Thanks again guys! I'm always picking up good info here.

SemiAutoSam
03-15-2007, 12:10 PM
If anyone wants my Opinion of Enterprise arms FAL receivers and or The Century as well I would call them both "Scrap Metal".

But I'm what some might call a FN FAL purist I love the FN FAL's made by Fabrique Nationale and no one else

Ive done business with Dave Selvaggio for the last 20 years and trust just about anything that comes out of his shop including his Type 1 and 2 FAL receivers.

IMHO no one else but FN and Dave knows how to build FAL rifles.

JesseXXX
06-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Anyone know how to reach Larry Hirota....?

Hologon
06-17-2008, 10:33 PM
The following write-up was current as of late November 2007:

http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/notes/falent3/pagefalent3.htm

If you scroll to the very bottom of the page, here's what T. Mark Graham/Gunplumber has to say about the latest generation of Entreprise receivers:

Based on these two receivers, I have no objection to accepting this latest generation of Enrtre'prise receivers for build. With the Federal ban on importing FAL receivers, I am pleased to see there is another viable choice in the domestic FAL receiver market.

That said, my bias is still for the forged receivers made by DSA and Imbel, but given Mr. Graham's reputation, the new Entreprise receivers appear to be okay.