PDA

View Full Version : handgun inheritance question

watsonville
01-04-2012, 10:52 PM
i"m receiving my grandfathers firearms collection i'm wondering is there any limit on when to register them (30/90 days)?also he lost a handgun before he passed and my family stumbled upon it in his closet how can i go about checking it in with local leo to let them know it's been recovered and i would like to register it?i"m am not prohibited he was not prohibited they are not assault weapons or banned thank you in advance

two handguns,one rifle

Librarian
01-04-2012, 11:13 PM
i"m receiving my grandfathers firearms collection i'm wondering is there any limit on when to register them (30/90 days)?

also he lost a handgun before he passed and my family stumbled upon it in his closet how can i go about checking it in with local leo to let them know it's been recovered and i would like to register it?

i"m am not prohibited he was not prohibited they are not assault weapons or banned thank you in advance

two handguns,one rifle

30 days is the number; see also the wiki -- http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Inheriting_firearms,_both_within_California_and_In terstate

If it was reported stolen, probably just call them and tell them you found it, but I really don't know if the LE agency wants more.