PDA

View Full Version : Need help from Saiga owners

USMC_2651_E5
03-13-2007, 6:41 PM
I started tinkering with my MK99 Oll that I am going to build into a Saiga. I drilled the holes for the trigger guard and plate. I also cut the Saiga trigger hole. So far so good.

Now I need to locate and drill the holes for the Saiga trigger and transfer bar pins.

Can someone with a Saiga measure the hole placments for me? Could you use the AK trigger or hammer pin hole for a reference point.

Thanks!

DV8
03-13-2007, 8:13 PM
When I was doing research a long time ago, someone from here posted that question on the saiga-12 forums. Below are the measurements a member gave, not mine and I cant vouch for their accuracy:

Measurements to corresponding letters in above pics:

To make it easier, you should just buy a .308 saiga FCG. No need to cut holes in the side of the receiver, you just enlarge the pistol grip screw hole and grind a little off the saiga trigger. JPglee might still have some or you could ask on saiga-12 if you want to go that route insted.

rssslvr
03-13-2007, 8:21 PM
JPGlee does have some.

USMC_2651_E5
03-13-2007, 9:31 PM
Thanks DV8! The sketches look promissing, but I'm hoping to get the measurments from the trigger or hammer pin holes instead of the back of the receiver. I think this will make my chances of getting it right better.

rssslvr: Thanks also. Only thing is I already have the .223 Saiga FCG and have cut the holes on the bottom side using the trigger guard/plate as a template. So I think I will just stick it out.