PDA

View Full Version : state bill

neomedic
03-13-2007, 5:17 PM
I know its somewhere...but since I don't remember the number of bill...I can't do a search.

Can some link me the SB____ so I can print a copy and put it next to my OLL AR incase I ever need to show some LEO that its technically legal.

Thank.

Archenemy550
03-13-2007, 5:21 PM
well, SB23 makes your AR style weapon illegal. Harrot v. Kings County makes your receiver legal, unless it is specifically named (make and model). 12276.1 tells you the "rules" you must abide by and CCR 978.20 is magazine fun (defining "detachable")

There is no actual Senate Bill, or Asembly Bill that made AR receivers legal..... it was done through finding the many mistakes in SB23

jjperl
03-13-2007, 5:22 PM
sb23

Prc329
03-13-2007, 5:22 PM
grammaton76 has a flyer in his sig you may want to print.

neomedic
03-13-2007, 5:42 PM
Is there a post that has the rules which says that an OLL with a pinned mag can have all evil features?

such as pistol grip, fore grip, flash suppressor, etc.?

Thanks.

kap
03-13-2007, 5:45 PM
Check out the OLL FAQ and the AR/AK Memo on the front page. They have all the info you want.

http://www.calguns.net/

Archenemy550
03-13-2007, 6:22 PM
Is there a post that has the rules which says that an OLL with a pinned mag can have all evil features?

such as pistol grip, fore grip, flash suppressor, etc.?

Thanks.

(a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:

(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:

(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.

(B) A thumbhole stock.

(C) A folding or telescoping stock.

(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.

(E) A flash suppressor.

(F) A forward pistol grip.

(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.

So, if you do not meet the criteria for an "Assault Weapon", you cant have one. By pinning the magazine, you take away a needed feature, therefore making the said rifle legal with all the "EVIL" features your heart desires (Assuming it's not listed)

You really should read the AR/AK FAQ on the homepage tho, to learn everything you can.