PDA

View Full Version : Mountain bike someone wants to part with?

kilword
03-13-2007, 2:28 PM
Im looking for a mountain bike perferably somewhere in the east bay area.
Doctor says I can't run anymore (had knee surgery) and that I need to bike instead.
So anyone with that old bike sitting in your garage I might be able to take it off your hands.
tell me what you got :)

Sydwaiz
03-13-2007, 2:38 PM
Too bad you are so far away. I'm down in L.A. Shipping is going to be too high I imagine. But I've got two if you are still interested. One is an old Trek 6000 aluminum frame but it's a small framed one cuz I'm short. And I have my wifes Cannondale which is bigger cuz she has longer legs but it's NOT a woman's bike. It's probably 10-12 years old and was only ridden a couple times before being stored. I paid $600 for my Trek back in high school. Probably not worth the dust collected on it now... :(

kilword
03-13-2007, 3:12 PM
crappy :(

megavolt121
03-13-2007, 3:52 PM
If you want entry level, check out a Specialized Hardrock. They start approx $300 brand new.

desertram800
03-14-2007, 5:09 AM
I have a 2006 specialized FSR XC pro I'm selling for $1600, it's only been ridden twice.

WokMaster1
03-14-2007, 6:54 AM
Im looking for a mountain bike perferably somewhere in the east bay area.
Doctor says I can't run anymore (had knee surgery) and that I need to bike instead.
So anyone with that old bike sitting in your garage I might be able to take it off your hands.
tell me what you got :)

Kilword, check out www.bayareabikes.com in Oakland. They specialize in used bikes that thay clean up & service. You can get good bikes like from $150 & up. Great people, too. If you feel that cycling is for you, then you can upgrade, just trade it in for a new one.:)

1911whore
03-14-2007, 8:44 AM
I have a giant sitting in the garage I have literally ridden 3 times. I paid 400 i will let it go for 300 it is blue

Mute
03-14-2007, 3:12 PM
If you're willing to go with a used bikes, you can get a much better bike for the money through craigslist or ebay, if you know what you want and what to look for.

FinweElensar
03-15-2007, 12:44 AM
Those $100 mountain bikes at wal-mart, do they ride like crap? I have an old Trek 5500 that needs an overhaul...

Employee3
03-15-2007, 1:47 AM
Those $100 mountain bikes at wal-mart, do they ride like crap? I have an old Trek 5500 that needs an overhaul...

They don't ride like crap on the streets. I find, around here, that Mountain Bikes are like SUV's... never even touch dirt.

luvtolean
03-15-2007, 7:13 AM
If you're willing to go with a used bikes, you can get a much better bike for the money through craigslist or ebay, if you know what you want and what to look for.

Absolutely.

You'll find never ridden bikes, 1 year old, at half price, and sometimes less.

Do not buy the junk at Wal Mart. Those bikes are terrible, meant for riding on the sidwalk. Things will loosen up, you'll go to tighten them, and they'll strip. Everything about those bikes, except price, sucks.

Stick to e-bay or Craigslist if you have some knowledge of bikes, or if not, buy at a bike store, where it won't be lowest cost, but the value of good help is worth the price difference.

If you want a bike path bike, don't buy a mountain bike, buy a bike made for the bike paths. Electra Townies are really nice for this.