PDA

View Full Version : Galil Receivers

hiyabrad
03-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Hi all,

Does anyone know who sells Galil receivers that do not have the word Galil on them?

I saw a website from someone who was manufacturing a copy of a Galil receiver comeplete with Hebrew lettering and now I cannot find it.

Any help on this would be apprecaited.

Thanks!

double_action
03-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Ohio Rapid Fire makes a Galil receiver that is not listed.

hiyabrad
03-13-2007, 12:48 PM
I believe ORF receivers have the word Galil on them, making them on the list. Am I wrong?

bwiese
03-13-2007, 12:52 PM
I believe ORF receivers have the word Galil on them, making them on the list. Am I wrong?

They do? Doubt it, dig further. Ask ORF if they have ones WITHOUT Galil markings, get a picture of all sides of receiver emailed to you.

And if the receiver is fully manufactured by Ohio Rapid Fire, the term 'Galil' is merely decorative and superfluous, and is reflection on actual manufacturer.

That being said, while this is a good defense, would get you off eventually, etc. if you are picked up with it you've got some 'splainin' to do.

hiyabrad
03-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Does anyone recall seeing a site that advertsited a Galil OLL receiver with Hebrew markings for sale?

rssslvr
03-13-2007, 1:23 PM
The ORF receiver does not say galil on it.The model number is RFG223.Also talk to Todd at ORF about the ones with hebrew markings,he will know who sells them since the ones with the hebrew markings are ORF receivers that were a special run.

double_action
03-13-2007, 1:43 PM
I believe it was a special run of blank sided ORF receivers for members of Akforum.net. They were then going to have someone engrave the hebrew markings.

rssslvr
03-13-2007, 1:50 PM
I believe it was a special run of blank sided ORF receivers for members of Akforum.net. They were then going to have someone engrave the hebrew markings.
I think you are right.I also semm to remember that Todd made some extra blank sided receivers made that he kept to sell to others and I think he was going to make some .308 ones and have some .308 barrels made too

Edit:Here is the link on the .308 receivers and barrels
http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24739

double_action
03-13-2007, 1:55 PM
Todd has a whole bunch of new Galil stuff, I just got a set of new wood handguards from him.

http://rapidfire.targetweb.net/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi/agora.cgi?cart_id=1746485.28573*9-71g2&product=Galil&cart_id=1746485.28573*1283O4

rssslvr
03-13-2007, 2:02 PM
Todd has a whole bunch of new Galil stuff, I just got a set of new wood handguards from him.

http://rapidfire.targetweb.net/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi/agora.cgi?cart_id=1746485.28573*9-71g2&product=Galil&cart_id=1746485.28573*1283O4

How much did those cost you?I didn't see them listed on their site.

double_action
03-13-2007, 2:13 PM
They're not listed, but when I ordered a plastic handguard the woman taking my order asked if I wanted wood or plastic, but she said they only had a few, this was about three weeks ago.

bwiese
03-13-2007, 2:29 PM
Come on Bill didn't Harrott put this ALL BS to sleep ?

doesn't the case law trump Roberti Roos ? with its ALL wording ?

Harrott only addressed AR/AK 'series' stuff.

Roberti-Roos was always about specifically-named weapons.

The 'all' wording indeed has unclearities, but there's room for a Son of Harrott case there.

So nevertheless, we'd like to keep hiyabrad from having to spend $10K in attorneys' fees from having to prove an ORF is not a Galil even if Galil text is there.

double_action
03-13-2007, 2:33 PM
So nevertheless, we'd like to keep hiyabrad from having to spend $10K in attorneys' fees from having to prove an ORF is not a Galil even if Galil text is there.

The word "Galil" is not on ORFs receiver.

rssslvr
03-13-2007, 2:38 PM
yep I can say for sure the ORF receivers do not say galil,they say RFG223

Oswald2001
03-13-2007, 5:22 PM
True. No word "Galil" on ORF receivers.

ORF is making some semi-auto only receivers with the semi and auto postion markings as a blank sided receiver. The makers info is on the bottom of the receiver.

These special run blank side receivers are the result of another site doing some Special Edition Rifles with Israeli military markings that will be engraved by a lady named Angela.

Angela will do these engravings for you on your blank sided receiver for $80 + shipping & insurance. I've seen some photos of the sample Israeli military markings and they are beautiful.

The purpose of the auto marking and Israeli military markings is to be able to have as close a copy of a real deal military Galil as is legally possible. Cosmetically they will look like a military Galil, but, will be a semi-auto only receiver.

FYI, ORF is gearing up to be able to supply receivers and parts to build Galils in all the four major calibers. (5.56, .308, 7.62 x 39 & 5.45 x 39)

Many of these components are available now with most of the rest being available within about 8 weeks.

Most ammo has skyrocketed in price as everyone knows. Not 5.45 x 39 though. It can be bought for as little as $.11-$.13/round.

I'm definitely planning on a 5.45 x 39 Galil.