PDA

View Full Version : WTB 8mm Surplus Ammo (Up For A Group Buy?)

rla_2000
03-13-2007, 10:27 AM
I just got another Hakim (2 total), and in addition I am still shooting my my vz24 and k98.

So now I need more ammo as the Hakim's chews up the Laquered Romanian!

If you are willing to part with any romanian pm me and tell me your price!!!
I am also willing to go in with anyone on a group buy to absorb the cost of shipping!

I am located in Stockton but work in Dublin and trying to avoid shipping if possible. But if you have a few cases for the right price, I'll be willing to drive to pick them up or have the cases shipped.

I am also on the lookout for anything that the bolt actions and Hakims will shoot. (Turk, Olympic, Yugo etc...)

P.S. I will not shoot the turk in the hakims but in the bolt-actions it is fine.

P.P.S My father's best friend (Basically a brother) is coming to Commiefornia to visit the last week of march and the 1st week of April. He will be driving from Tennessee and I was thinking about having him pick me up some on the way through!

:) Anyone know of a good place to buy some 8mm ammo on the cheap along that route? :)

rla_2000
03-16-2007, 7:39 PM
BTT

Looks like no one is interested, or has any they are parting with!!!

Well the post was getting buried, so BTT for the weekend!

Mssr. Eleganté
03-17-2007, 3:17 AM
P.P.S My father's best friend (Basically a brother) is coming to Commiefornia to visit the last week of march and the 1st week of April. He will be driving from Tennessee and I was thinking about having him pick me up some on the way through!

:) Anyone know of a good place to buy some 8mm ammo on the cheap along that route? :)

How about Military Gun Supply in Fort Worth, TX. http://www.militarygunsupply.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=A8MRO001

Their web site still shows Romanian 8mm in stock. Their price structure seems messed up, with the ammo being cheaper per round by the box than by the case, but give them a call and see what they are really charging in person.

rla_2000
03-20-2007, 4:23 AM
I'll check into it today :) How about Military Gun Supply in Fort Worth, TX. http://www.militarygunsupply.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=A8MRO001

Their web site still shows Romanian 8mm in stock. Their price structure seems messed up, with the ammo being cheaper per round by the box than by the case, but give them a call and see what they are really charging in person.

lpspinner
03-20-2007, 9:12 PM
If you can pick up some 8mm somewhere along the way, I'd be interested.

If you're coming along the southern states, what about stopping off at J&G Sales in AZ?

rla_2000
03-21-2007, 8:09 AM
I checked with "Military Gun Supply" and they don't have any 8mm surplus and don't have an ETA on when they will get some more in. :confused:

As for J&G Sales their website is currently showing that they do not have any 8mm Suplus in Stock either. :( In fact the only 8mm ammo they have is Hunting Ammo for $16/box of 20. I received an email from J&G Sales and they informed me that they do not have ANY 8mm in stock at the time either.

lpspinner
03-21-2007, 8:39 AM
Depending on where's he's at in TN, what about a trip up to AIM Surplus in OH and then he can hit I80 cross country?

rla_2000
03-22-2007, 10:42 AM
I ckecked with him and it would put him over 6 hours out of his way! So that is kind of out of the question! :mad:

A great suggestion though! ;)

Are you looking for some yourself lpspinner :confused: ?

Depending on where's he's at in TN, what about a trip up to AIM Surplus in OH and then he can hit I80 cross country?

Mssr. Eleganté
03-22-2007, 9:14 PM
This might not be quite what you are looking for, but Cole Distributing has new production FNM 8mm Mauser ammo for 25˘ per round in bulk. The ammo is non-corrosive and boxer primed. It might be a good idea to get some of this ammo with reloadable brass so you can load your own when surplus 8mm finally runs out for good.

Cole Distributing is located in Scottsville, Kentucky, which is pretty close to the Tennessee border.

rla_2000
03-23-2007, 8:52 AM
That's a very good point! 25˘/round??? Is that before or after shipping costs? :rolleyes:

I am assumming that is before shipping, but I will look into it, the reloadable and non-corrosive aspects are some really good points, even though I would still clean my guns immediately after shooting anyways! ;)

This might not be quite what you are looking for, but Cole Distributing has new production FNM 8mm Mauser ammo for 25˘ per round in bulk. The ammo is non-corrosive and boxer primed. It might be a good idea to get some of this ammo with reloadable brass so you can load your own when surplus 8mm finally runs out for good.

Cole Distributing is located in Scottsville, Kentucky, which is pretty close to the Tennessee border.

lpspinner
03-26-2007, 8:50 PM
Are you looking for some yourself lpspinner :confused: ?

Always looking for some when I can save a little on the shipping. :)

gman183
03-28-2007, 3:08 AM
I'm in, let me know