PDA

View Full Version : Chinese made shotguns

Bull Elk
01-03-2012, 10:25 AM
I was visiting the Sacramento Sportsman's Warehouse this past weekend. I was looking for an inexpensive pump shotgun to have available for friends to use when hunting with me at my bird club. I was looking at the Remington and Winchester models when the sale clerk shows me what looked almost like a replica of the Remington 870. He said it was Chinese made model imported into the US by a third party. No where on the shotgun could I find anything marked Chinese. The price for the wood pump shotgunt was $179. On the surface it looked comparable to the 870, but for the price I had my doubts. The salesman said that they sell out on just about every 12 and 20 gauge in this model. I cannot remember the importer's name, but does anyone have any information about these shotguns?

akjunkie
01-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Hawk / IAC 982

BigDogatPlay
01-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Google IAC Hawk 982 and that should be the HD equivalent. Lots of folks own them and have reported generally good reviews here on Calguns.

I wasn't aware IAC was bringing in sporting model. If so that's going to make the regular 870 Express sporting models a little bit tougher to price.... those are on sale at Big 5 again this week, 28 inch vent rib barrel and one modified choke tube included for $349 plus tax and DROS.

Bull Elk
01-03-2012, 12:49 PM
While not an expert on shotguns, I've owned probably over 20 in my lifetime including several Remington 870's. I thought the chinese wood stocks I saw were on par with the 870 and the fit and finish were highly acceptable for such an in expensive shotgun. I just might pick one up to have. For $179, even if I'm wrong and it's junk, it's not that much money.

lucky13gunner
01-03-2012, 12:52 PM
It's probably a norinco shotgun. Sounds very similar to the shotgun my buddy bought. Wasn't too bad of a shotgun besides it having trouble ejecting spent shells

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk.

wolfy
01-03-2012, 1:20 PM
It's probably a norinco shotgun. Sounds very similar to the shotgun my buddy bought. Wasn't too bad of a shotgun besides it having trouble ejecting spent shells

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk.

sounds like the remingtons. I was thinking of picking one up but found a used C&R 870 for 275. Not much more money considering I didn't have to pay for dros or taxes. I believe another importer is the new england company that makes a copy of the 870.

plumbum
01-03-2012, 1:48 PM
The Remington 870 copy, sold under the H&R label, who is owned by Marlin, who is owned by Remington, who is owned by the Freedom Group, which has contracts with IAC, which manufactures its products in China (or something to that extent :)). They have a small website under IAC Shotguns (any if I get the chance I would so grab the 1897 Trench clone!)

I had the Hawk model 98 with open sights and it was a fine beater shotgun, but it didn't have the level of finish the newer 982 Hawk and Pardner pump have. Also have the new Stevens 350 (the bottom ejecting Ithaca clone) and it has been super. Says right on the barrel: MFG BY SUN CITY MACHINERY LTD IN P.R.C. (that stands for Peoples Republic of China).

9mill
01-03-2012, 6:22 PM
I haven't had a problem with my Norinco. The bead sight post protruded into the barrel a tad, but when I shot it, the bead popped up about a 32nd of an inch and hasn't moved since. I had one winchester shell that stuck slightly after discharge, so I reamed the chamber a tad. ATI imports some affordable Turkish semi's and the CZ's are turkish. Good luck

Black Tiger
01-03-2012, 6:37 PM
You will get what you've paid for. I'm so overwhelmed with "made in China" products.

I was visiting the Sacramento Sportsman's Warehouse this past weekend. I was looking for an inexpensive pump shotgun to have available for friends to use when hunting with me at my bird club. I was looking at the Remington and Winchester models when the sale clerk shows me what looked almost like a replica of the Remington 870. He said it was Chinese made model imported into the US by a third party. No where on the shotgun could I find anything marked Chinese. The price for the wood pump shotgunt was $179. On the surface it looked comparable to the 870, but for the price I had my doubts. The salesman said that they sell out on just about every 12 and 20 gauge in this model. I cannot remember the importer's name, but does anyone have any information about these shotguns?

Bull Elk
01-03-2012, 8:31 PM
I called the store. It's says Pardner on the action.

plumbum
01-03-2012, 10:05 PM
http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Shotguns/pardnerPump.asp

The joke was that instead of suing IAC for copying them, Remington just bought the import rights to them.

I still really want the 20 gauge compact.

Bert Gamble
01-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Chinese shotguns are great. The only problem is, 30 minutes after shooting them, you need to go shooting again.:D